Keto Crustless Mushroom Spinach Pie is an easy weeknight meatless meal the whole family will love!
Ok so it may not look like the spinach pie you might remember from a bakery, a stuffed dough with spinach it, but it is a delicious spinach "pie". This spinach pie is a cross between a quiche and custard. But what makes this stand out compared to the rest of all the pies out there, the difference is in the cheese!! Using cottage cheese makes all the difference to making this pie a winner!
You could always leave out the mushrooms if you're not a fan. But I must tell you this before you skip them, my kids HATE, LOATH and generally don't try anything with mushrooms in a recipe. I had mushrooms that were needing to be cooked and I decided they could pick them out if they wanted to, but guess what? THEY ATE THEM ANYWAY!!! Call it a miracle, but they ate them, and asked for seconds!!
Crustless Pie or Quiche
You won't even notice there isn't a crust and you won't even care! It's a pretty hearty piece of pie that can stand alone without a pie crust, but if you truly want a fabulous keto pie crust, try my coconut flour pie crust. My whole family, picky kids and tough to please hubby all loved it even without a crust! Feel free to add some cooked protein in it as well, like cooked, diced ham or chicken.
It's a perfect little dish to make and freeze then thaw for those busy weeknights when you have no time to cook!
Tools to Make Keto Spinach Pie
Fine Mesh Strainer- This comes in handy when you need to drain any sort of frozen veggie, in this case, the spinach.
Baking sheet pan- For all your baking needs and to use in this recipe as a platform for the pie dish, just in case any spillage happens.
Meal Plan Membership
Our membership is simple. You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish.
Right now our meal plan membership is 25% OFF!! Use Coupon Code NY2020 at Check Out! Learn More here!
Keto Crustless Mushroom Spinach Pie
Keto Crustless Mushroom Spinach Pie
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 ounce frozen spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces cottage cheese 4%
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw frozen spinach and drain, squeeze out as much water as possible. Set aside.
- Thinly slice mushrooms.
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add spinach to mushrooms and salt, pepper and nutmeg cook until spinach is heated through.
- Drain spinach/mushroom mixture in a colander.
- Grease a 9 inch pie plate then sprinkle parmesan all around to coat plate.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs then add cream and cottage cheese and stir well.
- Stir in mushrooms and spinach mixture.
- Pour into pie dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Place pie dish on a baking sheet and cook for 50-60 minutes or until set in center and browned around edges.
- Turn oven off and allow to sit in oven for 10 minutes.
- Stand 10 more minutes before slicing.