Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Mousse is just as creamy and delicious even without dairy!
Fall is all about Pumpkin and once I have a few cans in my cupboard I'm inventing all the ways to use them. This recipe is a simple adaption from my original Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse simply because so many of you readers requested it. I'm always happy to oblige to any type of no bake goodness!
The trick with this recipe is the canned coconut milk I used. If you purchase a can, open it, leave it overnight in the fridge you will have this amazing thick "cream" that develops on top. Now some cans are better than others just like some brands seem to produce more cream than others for whatever reason. The Goya brand did not produce as much cream as I had hoped for this recipe, but the 365 brand always seems to work better for me. You can read more about the differences between the coconut products in this post about the Coconut Basics. Usually about ¾ of the can is full of that cream. Save the rest of the coconut milk for a smoothie.
If your can produces more cream than needed for this recipe, save it for Dairy Free Whipped Cream or just add it to the recipe anyway. A little extra will not ruin it. You could also leave out the coconut butter in the recipe I used if you have enough "cream" from the can.
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Mousse
- Open can of coconut milk and leave in refrigerator overnight to produce "cream".
- Scoop only cream into a stand mixer and mix on high speed for 10 minutes to produce whipped like texture.
- Add pumpkin, spice, vanilla extract and stevia to mixer.
- Blend on medium speed to incorporate.
- In a small bowl mix coconut butter with hot water until smooth.
- Add to blender and blend until combined well.
- Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Keep refrigerated or enjoy immediately.
Enjoy this with a nice cup of Pumpkin Spice Coffee!