The key to making this dairy free whipped cream is opening the can of coconut milk and letting it sit in the can uncovered overnight in the refrigerator. This will produce a thick cream on top. Use only the thick cream, spoon it out for this recipe, but leave the coconut water on the bottom of the can for use in a smoothie or another recipe. You can keep it refrigerated and uncovered as it will continue to thicken in the fridge. Enjoy!
- This recipe will not work with anything other than full fat coconut milk, I’ve tried it.
- This will not work unless the coconut milk has been left overnight in the fridge to produce the cream on top.
- You can also use any flavor stevia you like here.
- Other recipes you might like: Strawberry Whipped Cream, Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse Topping
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Dairy Free Sugar Free Whipped Cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk "cream" only
- 2 droppers full vanilla liquid stevia
Place contents of coconut cream into a stand mixer.
Add stevia and beat on speed 4 until it becomes thick in consistency.
May take up to 15 minutes. Keep refrigerated.
The recipe nutrition info may vary for you depending on how much "cream" you get from your canned coconut milk. Mine yields about 3/4 of the can and once whipped makes about a cup of whipped cream.