Here's a delicious smoothie that tastes like the filling in an apple pie but minus the refined sugar and chunky apples. SO smooth and creamy and with a great amount of protein too!
After making my Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie I decided to experiment with apple. The first time I made this was using applesauce but it was very thin so using an apple is the way to go when making this yumminess!
Add a sprinkle of nutmeg on top and enjoy the taste of apple pie without the guilt!
Full of an almost equal amount of healthy carbs and protein you can justify having this for any meal or as a snack. 🙂
Apple Pie Protein Smoothie
- ¼ cup natural apple juice, no sugar added
- ½ cup 100% pasteurized egg whites*
- 1 apple, cored, chopped or 1 cup chopped apple
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup ice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 droppers full vanilla liquid stevia
* Check this post if you are concerned about consuming raw egg whites.
Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Servings: 1* Calories: 216* Fat: 0g* Cholesterol: 0mg* Sodium: 247mg* Carbs: 30g* Fiber: 3g* Sugars: 24g* Protein: 25g* Points+: 4*
Other Smoothies recipes you might like: