Here's a delicious smoothie that tastes like the filling in an apple pie but minus the refined sugar and chunky apples. SO smooth and creamy and with a great amount of protein too!
After making my Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie I decided to experiment with apple. The first time I made this was using applesauce but it was very thin so using an apple is the way to go when making this yumminess!
Add a sprinkle of nutmeg on top and enjoy the taste of apple pie without the guilt!
Full of an almost equal amount of healthy carbs and protein you can justify having this for any meal or as a snack. 🙂
Apple Pie Protein Smoothie
- ¼ cup natural apple juice, no sugar added
- ½ cup 100% pasteurized egg whites*
- 1 apple, cored, chopped or 1 cup chopped apple
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup ice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 droppers full vanilla liquid stevia
* Check this post if you are concerned about consuming raw egg whites.
Place all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Servings: 1* Calories: 216* Fat: 0g* Cholesterol: 0mg* Sodium: 247mg* Carbs: 30g* Fiber: 3g* Sugars: 24g* Protein: 25g* Points+: 4*
Other Smoothies recipes you might like:
- Hot Apple Pie Smoothie from Peas and Thank You
- Cinnamon Apple Smoothie from Skinny Ms.
- Apple Cheesecake Smoothie from The Healthy Foodie
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie from Sugar-Free Mom
- Blueberry Protein Smoothie from Sugar- Free Mom
What is the best blender? I have watched the infomercial for Ninja Mega and Nutri-bullet but I am always hesitant to buy from TV. If you were getting into smoothies and vegetable drinks, what blender would you buy?
If I wasn't blessed/given a Blendtec there is no way I would have been able to financially purchase it, quite expensive. But of course it chips anything! I probably would have gone for a Ninja as I have heard great things about them and they aren't crazy expensive either.