This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
My hubby has been seeing many recipes and pictures of burgers/ sliders lately and begging me to make some. Knowing I still wanted them healthy, I chose to use my ground turkey recipe for Turkey Meatloaf Muffins and then stuffed them with cheese! It was a winning solution all around. The family liked them and I was happy they weren’t going to break my calorie/point budget for the day!
You could easily replace the whole wheat bread crumbs with gluten free if needed.
- 2.5 lb. ground turkey, 93% lean
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c. 1 % milk
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 c. mozzarella, shredded
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and combine well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using your hands form a ball somewhat smaller than the size of a tennis ball. Make 14-16 depending on size.
- Indent each ball with your thumb and place about 1-2 teaspoons of shredded cheese in each.
- Fold over the edges to cover the cheese so it won’t leak out.
- Flatten and lay the sliders on a wire rack over a baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in center reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Enjoy on a whole grain bun or top with my [url href=”https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/cucumber-feta-relish/” target=”_blank” title=”Cucumber Feta Relish”]Cucumber Feta Relish[/url]!