Keto Sticky BBQ Chicken Wings are the perfect summer entree to enjoy with a crowd!
KETO BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
Chicken wings just got a makeover! These Sticky Keto BBQ Chicken wings are so tasty! Made with a keto-friendly homemade marinade you can ensure there’s no nasty preservatives or refined sugars in these bad boys!
Perfect for snuggling up with Netflix or that summer BBQ. I like to serve them with a good dollop of mayonnaise and a fresh salad. My favorites are the Avocado, Tomato and Cucumber Salad or my Summer Confetti Salad.
These Keto Sticky BBQ Chicken Wings are baked rather than fried, which means less messy cooking. You can also place under the grill at the end for a couple of minutes if you want them even crispier!
SUGAR FREE BBQ MARINADE
The key to making these sticky BBQ chicken wings as authentic as the kind lathered with sugary BBQ sauce, is in this special sugar free marinade. Smoky, spicy, and sweet special ingredients make for a pretty fabulous flavor that will explode your tastebuds in one bite!
LOW CARB MEAL PLANNING
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto meal plans sent to your inbox every Friday with a shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It's pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
You can choose from Three Meal Plan Options:
Low Carb Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 40 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Keto Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 20 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Intermittent Fasting Keto Meal Plan includes 2 meals per day plus one protein/fat rich snack daily with no more than 20 TOTAL carbs per day.
KETO STICKY BBQ CHICKEN WINGS
Keto Sticky BBQ Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings or 18 chicken wings
- 1 large red bell pepper or 5.8 ounces/164 grams
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 small yellow onion or 2.5 ounces/70grams
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ cup tomato puree or 4.4ounces/125grams
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika smoky or regular
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup Lakanto brown sugar sub or Swerve brown sugar sub
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C / 180C fan.
- Slice the pepper in half, remove the seeds and stalk and place on a greaseproof lined baking tray. Rub in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes,
turning half way to ensure even cooking.
- Heat a non stick frying pan or cast iron skillet and sear the chicken wings for 2 - 3 minutes per side. (You may need to add a little oil to the pan if using a cast iron skillet so
the wings don’t stick.)
- Place the seared chicken wings onto a greaseproof lined baking tray and cook for about 30 minutes in the oven until almost crisp.
- When the pepper is cooked, and still hot, place in a zip lock bag and leave for 5 minutes. This will make the skin easy to peel off. Remove the skin and discard. Chop the pepper into cubes.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter, ghee or coconut oil in a pan and sauté the onion on a medium/ low heat for 3 - 4 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic for 30 seconds then add the pepper, tomato puree, apple cider vinegar, paprika, chilli, coconut aminos, dijon mustard, sweetener, seasoning and water. Simmer on low heat for 5 - 10 minutes until thick. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Allow to cool so not hot and use an immersion hand blender to blitz until smooth. Alternatively you can try using a smoothie blender though you may need to make a larger batch.
- Rub the sauce over the chicken wings and place back in the oven for about 15 minutes until sticky.
- Best served fresh or in the fridge for 2 days. Can also be frozen and
Jo is the creative food photographer and stylist behind the healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo's a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also dairy-free.