This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Homemade Ranch Dressing……..
Never made it before, never thought I would want to ….BUT I saw it on Pinterest first and added it to my board for recipes I definitely wanted to make!
Why did I want to make my own instead of buy it? Well…….glad you asked!
Let me read you the ingredients listed for Fit & Active Light Ranch Dressing and then you can compare.
Two tablespoons equals 80 calories with 7 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbs, 2 sugars, and 290 mg of sodium.
Ingredients: water, vegetable oil, buttermilk, maltodextrin, sugar, salt, spices, dried garlic, modified food starch, egg yolk, dried onion, disodium phosphate, artificial color, monosodium glutamate…..must I continue……I think I’d rather not.
I have used and given my children this stuff and I don’t even know what half of those things are in there.
This recipe is simple and easy and all you need is a blender to mix it all up. If you don’t have buttermilk as I didn’t have any on hand, I have a solution for that for you.
Mix one cup of milk with 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, mix it well and let it sit for five minutes. If you don’t have lemon juice you can use vingear. It’s THAT simple.
- I used 1/2 cup of the buttermilk and it was a perfect consistency for me, but you might want to use only 1/4 cup and see how you like it. If you want it smoother add more buttermilk.
- I was a bit heavy on the parsley and mine has a tint of green to it, but the taste is beyond outstanding so the color doesn’t bother me one bit!
- I was able to make two and half cups of dressing.
- Using this recipe you can have 1/4 cup which is double what store bought ranch dressing will give you for the calories. A whole lot tastier, no names you can’t pronounce and less calories!
- I’m not giving you the recipe because I didn’t change anything at all and to give proper credit where credit is due you will find the recipe at Smells Like Home .
Servings: 10-1/4 c.
Serving size: 1/4 c. Calories: 101* Fat: 9* Fiber: 0g* carbs: 4g* Protein: 1g* Points+: 3*
Sugar-Free Mom’s Review Rating
- Taste: A+
- Prep time/Cook time: A+
- Family Friendly:A- (They weren’t crazy about the green tint, but that was my fault, they still loved the taste)
- Weight Loss Friendly: A+
My oldest said my Homemade Chicken Nuggets would be yummy to have with this dip!
Have you made your own ranch dressing?