This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Italian Green Bean Salad is a great way to enjoy fresh green beans from your garden or serve as a healthy side dish at any cookout or BBQ!
Just by adding a few simple fresh ingredients brings the ordinary green bean to a new yummy level! Cucumbers. tomatoes, fresh herbs, a little cheese and a perfect Italian dressing makes this a recipe everyone will enjoy!
You could of course eliminate the cheese, but the nice chunks of cheese here give the salad a good bite and texture without adding any meat making this a hearty salad.
Under 100 calories per cup, make this a great choice for anyone watching their weight!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Italian Green Bean Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans I used Italian from my garden
- 2 cups English cucumber with skin sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh curly or flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese chunks
- Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot bring water to a boil, add green beans and blanch for 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in an ice bath, a bowl filled with ice and water.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and place in serving bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the serving bowl.
- Whisk the Italian dressing in a small bowl and our over the green bean salad.
- Toss gently and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.