Italian Green Bean Salad is a great way to enjoy fresh green beans from your garden or serve as a healthy side dish at any cookout or BBQ!
Just by adding a few simple fresh ingredients brings the ordinary green bean to a new yummy level! Cucumbers. tomatoes, fresh herbs, a little cheese and a perfect Italian dressing makes this a recipe everyone will enjoy!
You could of course eliminate the cheese, but the nice chunks of cheese here give the salad a good bite and texture without adding any meat making this a hearty salad.
Under 100 calories per cup, make this a great choice for anyone watching their weight!
Italian Green Bean Salad
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans I used Italian from my garden
- 2 cups English cucumber with skin sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup fresh curly or flat leaf parsley chopped
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese chunks
- Italian Dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot bring water to a boil, add green beans and blanch for 5 minutes.
- Drain and place in an ice bath, a bowl filled with ice and water.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and place in serving bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the serving bowl.
- Whisk the Italian dressing in a small bowl and our over the green bean salad.
- Toss gently and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 69kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4.4g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 206mg | Fiber: 2.2g | Sugar: 1.7g
How much Italian dressing?