These Keto Cobb Salad Stuffed Avocado are a satisfying meal any day! Gluten Free, Low Carb, can also be dairy free!
If you're on a keto diet, you know all too well that healthy fats like avocados are the best thing you can eat. Healthy fats keep you full for longer and are so satisfying to enjoy. No guilt indulging in this delicious stuffed avocado with cobb salad filling!
You can make this paleo by removing the blue cheese crumbled on top, but don't leave out that bacon, it gives this cobb salad filling that salty crunchy excellent bite!
Sometimes I just don't want to eat the lettuce of a salad. Some days I just want all the toppings you put in a salad and that's exactly what this recipe provides. All the goodies on top half of an avocado. With a perfect little drizzle of dressing, your tongue will be dancing! Fresh chives, juicy chicken and then that creamy avocado. It really doesn't get any better than this quick and easy recipe.
Just looking at these pictures is making me drool, what about you? These pics also make me yearn for spring! The colors of green, make me wish the snow and freezing temps would go away like yesterday. But sadly I live in New England so winter is here for a lot longer that I would like. At least fresh and quick meals like this will make me forget what is happening outside my window.
This awesome recipe was developed by Jo Harding, one of my recipe developers on the SugarFreeMom team and I am forever grateful for all the talented help I have keeping my blog going while I finish up on my keto cookbook. My deadline is soon and that means I'll be able to start creating some tasty recipes for you all real soon. I actually can't wait to start creating in the kitchen again. All the writing needed for the cookbook has been my focus but it isn't as fun as cooking up delicious recipes in my kitchen. It will be worth it once the final product is in my hands and on shelves all over the country, but until then my amazing recipe developers are helping me out over here and I couldn't be happier!
If you love meals like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Cobb Stuffed Avocado
Keto Cobb Stuffed Avocado
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 chicken breast or 272 grams
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes or 50 grams
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves or 37 grams
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 2 avocados or 400 grams
- 1 tablespoon blue cheese or 15 grams
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F/ 180C fan.
- Place the chicken and bacon on greaseproof lined baking trays.
- Roast the chicken for 25 minutes and the bacon for 20 minutes, until cooked through and golden. If using streaky bacon, please use 3 slices and keep an eye on the cooking time as it may not take quite as long.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the egg and boil for 12 minutes. Run under cold water and allow to cool before peeling.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together.
- When the chicken and bacon are cooked, allow to cool slightly and chop into cubes.
- In a clean bowl, mix the lettuce, tomatoes, chives, egg, bacon, chicken and dressing.
- Cut the avocados in half and carefully remove the pits. Stuff the avocados with the Cobb Salad filling and top with a crumble of Blue cheese.
Jo is the creative food photographer and stylist behind the healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo's a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also dairy-free.