Keto Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice is a quick and easy Keto filling meal!
Cauliflower has become a fabulous alternative on a low carb ketogenic diet. Using it to replace rice in any recipe works really well. You can also process cooked cauliflower and it will become like mashed potatoes, only better, low carb! Whenever you feel you need a little more of a hearty meal using cauliflower rice is the key.
Years ago I had to cut, cook then process my cauliflower to resemble rice but nowadays you can buy frozen and fresh cauliflower rice. What a time saver!
Kimchi is a traditional side dish in Korean cuisine and has become more and more popular here in the USA. It's made from salted and fermented vegetables, most commonly using cabbage. It contains many vitamins and minerals but the biggest benefit is that it contains healthy bacteria, called lactobacilli. Including fermented foods in your keto diet is beneficial for a healthy gut and aids in digestion.
Some days I don't have time for lunch, but some days I want something really hearty to get me through the rest of the day. Often though my first meal of the day is at or around noon and I've fasted for about 16 hours, so I'm often ready for a big meal. This simple meal comes together in under 30 minutes. It's great for an easy dinner when you just don't feel like a steak or burger, though either of those would be just as delicious instead of an egg.
The toppings can really be whatever you like, but the crunch and spice from the peppers, onion and sesame make for a perfect combination! I encourage you to try kimchi if you never have, but you can certainly make this recipe without the kimchi if you prefer. It will still be pretty delicious but the kimchi adds a great flavor! I've found frozen cauliflower rice at Walmart and my regular grocery store. I've also found fresh cauliflower rice at Trader Joes and Whole Foods. If you use fresh cauliflower rice you'll want to precook it in the microwave for a few minutes to make it tender than proceed to the recipe. Frozen cauliflower rice has been cooked prior to freezing.
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice
Keto Kimchi Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup Kimchi
- 10 ounces frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon nori flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon minced cilantro
- Place the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once bubbling add in the onion and garlic, saute for about 3 minutes until just starting to soften.
- Add in the kimchi, cauliflower rice, and tamari. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes until the cauliflower is starting to crisp. Taste for salt and add if necessary. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the sesame oil in a small ceramic non-stick skillet over medium heat. Crack in the eggs and cook until the whites are set, flip and continue to cook about 30 seconds. The yolk should still be runny.
- Divide the cauliflower rice between two bowls and top each with an egg and half of the toppings.
"Lauren is the founder of the creative content agency Healthful Creative which helps food centered brands share their story through recipe development and food photography. She's also the founder of the gluten-free website Wicked Spatula and the co-founder of the keto website, Cast Iron Keto."