Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Bars are sugar-free and low carb and the easiest way to serve an amazing traditional dessert for the holidays!
I don't know anyone not serving pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, that would be absurd.
But I do know how crazy difficult in can be to be the one hosting and making a feast for a big family and pies might end up being last on the TO DO list.
I get that because my hubby and I make a whole lot of sides to help my mom on Thanksgiving. We make butternut squash, broccoli rabe, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce and applesauce and even my own birthday cake. Yes my birthday is the 24th of this month and it's a tradition my mom has set since I was a baby, to celebrate on Thanksgiving since it usually lands close to it every year.
With all that food to make and my own birthday cake, pumpkin pie is not on my list to make. One can only do so much in 24 hours right?
My mom will often buy all these incredible homemade pies at a local farm we have in RI. Of course these are pies I can't eat as they are not gluten free or sugar free, but as long as I make my own birthday cake I'm ok without pie or so I thought.
Slow Cooker Desserts
The slow cooker isn't just for savory recipes. If you've never made a dessert in your slow cooker, start today with this recipe. It will free up your oven space on Thanksgiving day!
If you've been around here a while you may know my very popular Sugar-Free Pumpkin Custard recipe?
It's only 76 calories, low carb, crustless and amazing. I've made that into Pumpkin Pie before but I didn't feel like making that standard pie crust, so I tried something else in this recipe. This crust is basically just all made in the food processor and spread into the bottom of the crock pot. EASY! The filling is a slight adaption to the pumpkin custard recipe with the addition of some chocolate chips. My favorite sugar-free brand of chocolate chips is Lily's found online or at Whole Foods.
Other Slow Cooker desserts you might enjoy:
Whether you decide to keep it sugar-free this Thanksgiving or not is your choice, but at least a fabulous pumpkin pie that IS sugar-free can be made fairly easily in the crock pot and no one will even notice it's healthy!
Meal Plan Membership
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you will love my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Crock Pot Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Place all ingredients for the crust in a food processor and process until fine crumbs.
- Grease the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Press the crust mixture onto the bottom of the slow cooker as evenly as possible.
- Add the filling ingredients to a stand mixer and blend until combined well.
- Stir in or top filling with optional chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour mixture onto the crust.
- Cover and cook on low 3 hours.
- Uncover and let it cool 30 minutes then refrigerate the entire slow cooker for at least 3 hours.
- Slice and serve with sugar free whipped cream!
- Nutritional information is not including chocolate chips.
- If you don't have cinnamon liquid stevia you can use vanilla or plain will work as well.
- Our youngest has a tree nut allergy so I use sunflower seeds in many recipe. This can be replaced with almond flour if you desire.
- This recipe was first published in November 2014 and updated with video in November 2019.