Creamy broccoli cheddar soup is the perfect meal to enjoy on a cold winter's day! It's keto, low carb and vegetarian too!
COPYCAT PANERA BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP
Broccoli cheese soup is one of the creamiest soups you will ever try. If you've enjoyed this soup at say, Panera, and you are using this new year to avoid or r4educe your sugar and high carb intake, steer clear from the Panera Broccoli Cheddar soup. It contains sugar, potato flour, corn starch and wheat flour. In just 1 cup of Panera's broccoli cheddar soup, you'll be eating 17 total carbs and 6 sugars.
You can make this easy creamy broccoli cheddar soup at home with just 9 total carbs! Plus it doesn't contain any gluten or wheat or potato to thicken it!
VEGETARIAN BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
I love a good creamy soup in the winter! It makes my heart happy and my family happy too! While we are all definite carnivore eaters in my family, this vegetarian broccoli cheese soup is hearty enough to satisfy even without meat! If you do want to add a little protein, I'd suggest frying up some pancetta or bacon along with the celery and carrots and onions, that would give this amazing flavor! I would also suggest my Savory Cheddar Keto Biscotti to go with this!
TOOLS TO MAKE BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
This soup works best in a nice large cast iron Dutch oven! You will also need a blender to then puree the broccoli and vegetables to create that nice, creamy smooth consistency. An immersion blender would also work right in the Dutch oven rather than having to dirty a blender, totally up to you.
BROCCOLI OR CAULIFLOWER
If you're really not a fan of broccoli, I think this same method could be used with cauliflower if you prefer. Won't be as pretty green, but will be as equally delicious!
30% OFF KETO LOW CARB MEAL PLANS
I can't think of a better time to get started on meal planning, especially if you've never tried it before! We are hoping you are ready to get started with out Keto or Low Carb meal plans and to make this even easier for you, we are giving a coupon for the new year! Use code NY2021at check out today off our monthly or yearly membership and you'll get 30% OFF! This offer ends at the end of January so act now!
You can choose from Three Meal Plan Options:
Low Carb Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 40 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Keto Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 20 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Intermittent Fasting Keto Meal Plan includes 2 meals per day plus one protein/fat rich snack daily with no more than 20 TOTAL carbs per day.
KETO BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP (LOW CARB)
Low-Carb Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion chopped or (70g)
- 1 rib celery or (72g)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- ¼ teaspoon dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 12 ounces broccoli florets cut into small pieces (apx. 2 heads) or 340 grams
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper (or more to taste)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (113g)
- Melt the butter in a large pan or Dutch oven over a medium heat. Fry the onion and celery for about 3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Reduce heat to medium /low and add the stock, mustard and broccoli. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 3 - 5 minutes. Add the cream. Allow to simmer for about 3 - 4 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour into a blender. Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour back into a pan and add the cheese. Allow to melt. Option to reserve a little cheese or the top.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a drizzle of cream, any remaining cheese and cracked black pepper. Option to add a few thyme leaves if you like for decoration.
- Storage: Fridge in a Tupperware for up to 3 days