This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
plus a food processor……..
and a freezer……..
equals a soft-serve, creamy, chocolate peanut butter “ice cream”!!
Ok so it’s not REALLY ice cream, BUT it is totally a pretty darn good fake out! It’s made from purely banana. You’ve seen the original recipe as Peanut Butter Toffee Dairy Free Ice Cream posted on my blog.
All I did was add one other ingredient and this time I even SKIPPED adding any stevia at all! Of course if you feel it’s not sweet enough as it is, then go ahead and just start with about 1/4 teaspoon is all.
Soft, creamy, delicious! Need I say more?
- 2 semi-frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, all natural, no added sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- If you don’t have a banana already peeled and frozen, put one in the freezer for about an hour.
- Using a food processor, place the bananas in and let it go until you start seeing that is becoming very smooth, no lumps.
- Add the peanut butter and continue to process until smooth again. Then add the cocoa and process again, taste and decide if you need any stevia.
- Pour it into a serving dish and place it back in the freezer for another 15-30 minutes.
- That is it! Top with nuts, [url href=”https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/chocolate-hardening-sauce-a-ka-magic-shell-no-sugar-added/” target=”_blank”]Homemade Chocolate Hardening Sauce:[/url] a.k.a. Magic Shell!!! or even some [url href=”https://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/stevia-sweetened-strawberry-dairy-free-whipped-cream/” target=”_blank”]dairy free sugar free whipped cream![/url]
I totally LOVE the banana flavor in this dish, but I know some of you don’t like banana.
Here’s other options for you: