This Low Carb Cloud Bread French Toast is sugar-free, gluten free, grain free, but best of all tastes so much like a traditional French Toast, you’ll never feel deprived again!
Maybe a little old French Toast recipe is quite basic.
Maybe you’ve made it one hundred million times anyway.
But maybe, just maybe, you’ve never tried it using my Low Carb Cloud Bread Loaf?
I knew it had to happen.
As soon as the hubby had tried a slice of my new loaf bread recipe he immediately said, make Some French Toast please!!
So I did. And he was right. Most awesome Low Carb French Toast. EVER!
Melts in your mouth. Every bite is worth savoring.
Light. Airy. Fluffy. With a little crust on the edges.
Perfectly perfect, at least to me anyway, and hopefully to you as well!
You can even slice these in half and call them French Toast Sticks which my little guy wanted.
No forks required and just the right size for little fingers to hold and dip!
It may be the simplest recipe I’ve ever shared here on the blog, BUT the pics alone should make you want to try it as badly as I wanted to eat these when taking their pics!
- The syrup you see in the pictures is Sukrin Fiber Gold and sugar-free.
- The nutrition info is using the light cream. You can choose to use milk or heavy cream as a sub or even a dairy free option like unsweetened almond milk if desired.
- You don’t have to use Swerve sweetener but I do feel it needs some sweetness to make it taste authentic of a French Toast. I would suggest vanilla liquid stevia as a good option, maybe 1/2 tsp mixed into the cream.
- The butter is included in the nutrition info. You could also use coconut oil if you need it dairy free. A fabulous dairy free butter option I like is Earth Balance.
- For those needing sugar-free, the Cloud Bread Loaf will need to be adjusted since it contains sour cream.
- PLEASE NOTE: The recipe for the Cloud Bread Loaf is for savory which has onion and garlic powders in it. Please eliminate for this sweet recipe, adding in some ground cinnamon and vanilla extract to the loaf instead.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Cloud Bread French Toast
- 8 slices Low Carb Cloud Bread Loaf
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup light cream or milk
- 1/4 cup granulated Swerve sweetener or another sugar-free granulated sweetener you prefer
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Optional toppings: Sukrin Fiber Gold syrup and fresh raspberries I used Driscoll's
In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs, cream, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt together.
Place one or two pieces of loaf bread and let soak a minute before flipping over to other side.
Heat butter on medium high heat and once it's melted add the soaked French Toast slices as many as you can fit into your skillet. I was able to do two patches, 4 slices at a time.
Toast on each side for a few minutes until golden brown.
Enjoy warm topped with some Sukrin Gold sugar free syrup and fresh raspberries!