This Keto Blueberry Protein Smoothie Bowl is a quick and easy meal with no cooking required, low carb, dairy free and full of protein! Thank you to Sweetleaf Stevia for sponsoring today's post.
What exactly is a smoothie bowl? Basically taking your traditional smoothie in a glass to another level. Instead of sipping it, you enjoy it like a soup and add some delicious toppings! It's taking your smoothie to another level and it's a whole lot more satisfying for a meal. Some of us need a little texture and crunch and making a smoothie bowl with toppings like nuts or seeds makes it just that much more enjoyable!
Low Carb Smoothie Bowl
Typically smoothie bowls can be loaded with carbs, especially if adding a bunch of different fruits that are higher in carbs. Raspberries and blueberries are lower on the glycemic index and therefore a fantastic fruit to include in a low carb smoothie bowl. The key to keeping it lower in carbs is the amount of fruit you use. You'll be surprised at how a little fruit goes a long way but using some other special ingredients makes this a very filling meal. If you need more ideas for smoothies for when you're on-the-go, try my Peaches & Cream Smoothie, or my Chocolate Cherry Protein Smoothie.
Keto Smoothie Bowl
If you're on a keto diet, you are very limited in carbs per day. All the ingredients are keto but you will need to make some adjustments if the carb count is too high for you. I've included some notes to help lower the carbs. Everyone is different as far as carb intake. Some count total carbs and some count net carbs but adding berries into your diet is a good for you. Berries are full of antioxidants!
Other Recipes using Berry Flavored Stevia you might like:
Low Carb Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- You can use any milk of choice you like for this smoothie bowl.
- Frozen berries work better in this and you won't need as much ice to make it cold to enjoy. If using fresh berries you'll need to add at least a cup of ice.
- Xanthan gum is optional but does help make a nice and thick smoothie bowl.
Low Carb Blueberry Protein Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 1 scoop whey protein powder or collagen peptides (See note below)
- ⅓ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ tablespoon MCT oil or coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½-1/2 teaspoon Sweetleaf Berry Liquid stevia
- pinch salt
- ½ cup ice
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum optional to thicken
- Toppings: chopped nuts, hemp seeds, chia seeds, fresh berries
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Taste and adjust stevia if needed. Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This post has been sponsored by Sweetleaf Stevia with whom I am honored to be in partnership with. All opinions are 100% my own and always will be! Thank you for supporting the brands I enjoy working with!