This decadent, creamy Grasshopper Mousse Pie is made without sugar, low carb, gluten free and nut free as well!
St.Patrick’s Day was never a holiday we’d celebrate when I was growing up in my Italian household. My mom never made green food and I never ate Corned Beef and Cabbage until I met my husband and married 19 years ago!
BUT my children see and hear about all things green during this time of year so I feel obligated as a momma to provide them some of these traditional favorites during this time of year.
Some of the treats they love:
- Healthier Low Carb Shamrock Shake
- Sugar-Free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Sugar-Free Grasshopper Milkshake
But this dessert has been their number 1 favorite by far!
Drizzle on a little more Chocolate sauce right before serving for extra deliciousness!
Super light texture, but totally satisfying in every bite.
It may be hard to resist one serving so it’s best if you enjoy this for a special occasion, like St.Patrick’s Day when you can share with others!
Left overs can be dangerous, you’ve been warned!
- You can use any pie crust you like. The nutrition info includes my own no bake crust recipe and I think chocolate is the favorite for this type of pie. But I’ve got others if you’re not into the no bake chocolate crust. All my crusts are nut free since my youngest has a tree nut allergy. Grain Free Pie Crust, Grain Free Chocolate pie crust, Cream cheese No Roll Pie Crust, or the crust from this No Bake frozen Strawberry Pie.
- If you don’t have peppermint stevia it’s not the end of the world but it adds an extra punch to that mint flavor. You can use any sweetener you enjoy, I would say just 1/2 cup.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar-Free Grasshopper Mousse Pie
No Bake Chocolate Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw pumpkin seeds (sunflowers can also be used)
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Swerve sweetener or another sugar free granulated sweetener
To make the pie crust, combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend just enough to combine. Don't over blend or you will have the texture of peanut butter.
Taste crust to see if you need more salt or sweetness.
Using your fingers spread and mold crust onto bottom and sides of pie plate. Set aside.
To make filling:
Pour the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top.
Turn on low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Let cool.
Place the avocado, cream cheese, peppermint extract, stevia and salt into a stand mixer and blend on high until smooth.
Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
Pour in heavy cream and blend on high until incorporated and texture looks thicker, may take about 3- 5minutes.
Gradually pour in gelatin until combined well.
Pour filling into pie crust.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours, loosely covered or up to 1 day.
When ready to serve add optional chocolate drizzle if desired.
Net Carbs: 2.7g