This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This decadent, creamy Keto Grasshopper Mousse Pie is made without sugar, low carb, gluten free and nut free as well!
A Grasshopper is a sweet, mint flavored after dinner drink with its green color coming from creme de menthe. It was created in 1918 in the French Quarter of Louisiana. While this something I have never drank or want to drink, the green color and the mint flavor work perfectly for celebrating St.Patrick’s Day with a family or even Easter with the fun light green color!
St.Patricks Day was never a holiday we’d celebrate when I was growing up, in my Italian household. My mom never made green food and I never ate Corned Beef and Cabbage until I met my husband and married 19 years ago!
BUT my children see and hear about all things green during this time of year so I feel obligated as a momma to provide them some of these traditional favorites during this time of year.
Some of the treats they love:
- Healthier Low Carb Shamrock Shake
- Sugar-Free Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Sugar-Free Grasshopper Milkshake
But this dessert has been their number 1 favorite by far! Mousse has always been their favorite, just like me. So adding some mint and some green color made this a win win for the whole family to celebrate St.Patty’s day!
Drizzle on a little more Chocolate sauce right before serving for extra deliciousness!
Super light texture, but totally satisfying in every bite.
It may be hard to resist one serving so it’s best if you enjoy this for a special occasion, when you can share with others!
Left overs can be dangerous, you’ve been warned!
- You can use any pie crust you like. The nutrition info includes my own no bake crust recipe and I think chocolate is the favorite for this type of pie. But I’ve got others if you’re not into the no bake chocolate crust. All my crusts are nut free since my youngest has a tree nut allergy. Grain Free Pie Crust, Grain Free Chocolate pie crust, Cream cheese No Roll Pie Crust, or the crust from this No Bake frozen Strawberry Pie.
If you don’t have peppermint stevia it’s not the end of the world but it adds an extra punch to that mint flavor. You can use any sweetener you enjoy, I would say just 1/2 cup.
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren’t interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you’ll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you’re well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Sugar Free Grasshopper Mousse Pie
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar-Free Grasshopper Mousse Pie
No Bake Chocolate Pie Crust
- To make the pie crust, combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend just enough to combine. Don't over blend or you will have the texture of peanut butter.
- Taste crust to see if you need more salt or sweetness.
- Using your fingers spread and mold crust onto bottom and sides of pie plate. Set aside.
- To make filling:
- Pour the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatin on top.
- Turn on low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved. Let cool.
- Place the avocado, cream cheese, peppermint extract, stevia and salt into a stand mixer and blend on high until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
Pour in heavy cream in another bowl and use an electric mixer to blend on high until soft peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
Gradually pour in the cooled gelatin and stir until combined.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, loosely covered or up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve add optional chocolate drizzle if desired.
Net Carbs: 3g
This recipe was first published in march 2016 and updated with video in March 2019.