These Low Carb Keto Salted Caramel Cake Balls are a perfect party friendly finger food, no utensils required!
Cake balls are the perfect little bite sized snack that everyone loves. Typically it is crumbled cake mixed with frosting, formed into a ball and then coated in chocolate. They have more of a dough like texture than a standard leveled cake and are great for a finger food dessert for a party.
Making them low carb and keto doesn't require too much trouble at all. A little addition of a special ingredient within the cake mixture to keep it nice and moist makes this a fool proof perfect recipe. Then making a delicious keto salted caramel sauce to mix into the crumbled cake, well my friends, it is a heavenly bite I assure you!
The keto salted caramel comes together with just a few simple ingredients. Make sure to give the mixture enough time to truly thicken the back of the spoon. If you've never tried making your own caramel sauce, and you'd like to try my easy sugar free microwave salted caramel sauce, that would also work within this recipe. Just keep in mind, making my keto caramel sauce, you'll have too much to use in this recipe, use only half is my suggestion. But who doesn't love some left over caramel sauce to pour over keto low carb ice cream?!
While this recipe does have a few steps to make it all come together, it is certainly worth the effort. You'll have many cake balls to share for a party or even freeze some then defrost when you have a craving for a sweet little bite sized keto treat!
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Salted Caramel Cake Balls
Keto Salted Caramel Cake Balls
- flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325° F and line an 8 inch cake pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl beat together all of the cake ingredients until smooth, pour into the prepared cake pan and transfer to the oven. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the caramel sauce, combine the ingredients in a small pot over medium low heat, bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5-6 minutes until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Pour into a jar and let cool.
- Place the cake in a large bowl and crumble until fine. Pour in the caramel sauce and mix together. Form the cake into 38 balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl melt together the chocolate chips and the coconut oil in the microwave in 15 second increments until smooth.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate coating every side then place bake on the baking sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes, remove then sprinkle with salt if desired. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
"Lauren is the founder of the creative content agency Healthful Creative which helps food centered brands share their story through recipe development and food photography. She's also the founder of the gluten-free website Wicked Spatula and the co-founder of the keto website, Cast Iron Keto."