This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
What’s better than getting a fabulously healthy dish on the table for dinner in under 20 minutes? Nothing better! By the time it takes you to cook the quinoa, the rest of the dish is ready to go. Seriously easy, tasty and satisfying!
The combination of lemon and garlic bring a fresh burst of flavor in every bite of shrimp. You can remove the tails once they are cooked and chop the shrimp up to make it nice and easy to eat like a taco in a lettuce cup. Or leave as is, however you fancy.
Once the shrimp is cooked you add the rest of the ingredients. No need to cook the arugula or frozen peas. Once added to the shrimp and topped with the hot quinoa they will warm right through.
If you’re not crazy about arugula, substitute it with spinach instead!
Other recipes you might like:
- Greek Style Whole Wheat Orzo Shrimp Salad
- Mediterranean Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- Grilled Arugula Romano Pizza
- Fresh Arugula Romano Salad
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Quinoa, Arugula & Peas
- 1 cup dry uncooked quinoa
- lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 pound shrimp peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Place quinoa in a pot with 2 cups of water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and lemon zest. Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 12- 13 minutes until all water is absorbed. In a large saute pan heat oil and add garlic.
- Cook garlic 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add lemon juice and shrimp.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until shrimp is pink and sides curl.
- Shut off heat. (Remove shrimp from pan to remove tails and chop shrimp if desired then return to pan.)
- Add arugula and peas to saute pan.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add to saute pan and stir with other ingredients. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Top with parsley.
- Add more juice from lemon over top.
- Enjoy in Boston lettuce as a taco if desired or serve up in a bowl! Makes about 5 cups.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 9*