This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Low Carb Cheesy Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms is an easy appetizer to whip up for the holidays or any party for that matter!
When it comes to holiday entertaining, I’m all about easy recipes that take little time to prepare but provide my guests with a little something satisifying to hold them over before the first course.
If you’d agree with me that appetizers don’t have to be full of carbs to be fantastically delicious than you will be nothing more than delighted to make these stuffed mushrooms for your guests.
Gourmet Garden products are what turns these standard stuffed mushrooms into something spectacular in flavor. These easy stir in pastes make for the quickest mixture to stuff little mushrooms. Adjust the spice as you like by using less or more than I have in this recipe.
The hardest part, which isn’t hard at all in fact, is simply cooking the sausage! Once that is ready you stir in the pastes and add some cream cheese and you’re practically done!
The lightly dried chili pepper and parsely flakes sprinkled on top makes for a festive look, don’t you think?
Make ahead up to 2 days before. Reheat in baking pan and transfer to a serving plate. Entertaining doesn’t have to be stressful and sometimes just easy appetizers and some desserts are all you need for a party!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Cheesy Spicy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms stems removed
- 12 ounces pork sausage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- Optional: Gourmet Garden Slightly Dried Chili Pepper Flakes and Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop the inside of each mushroom to make room for the stuffing.
- Place each mushroom into a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once browned add stir in pastes and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- PLace the cream cheese in a stand mixer then add in your sausage.
- Blend until combined.
- Stuff each mushroom with mixture. ( If making ahead, you can cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once out of the oven sprinkle on chili pepper and parsley if desired.
- Remove mushrooms to a serving platter.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
Net Carbs: 3.6g