These Low Carb Keto Chicken Chorizo Meatballs are paleo, gluten free and an easy, quick, perfect comfort meal made in under 30 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CHORIZO MEATBALLS
Most chicken meatball recipes use chicken breast which is really low in fat. Turning these chicken meatballs into a keto meatball, we went with a fattier option of chicken thighs. Nicely chopped in your food processor mixed with spicy chorizo sausages and you've got a tasty and easy weeknight keto meal! If you don't have a food processor, use some already ground chicken or ask your butcher in the meat department to grind up some chicken thighs for you. If you can't find chorizo sausage, purchase some sweet or hot Italian sausage to get the same results.
TOOLS TO MAKE KETO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
Food Processor- If you want a smooth texture for a chicken meatballs and you don't have a meat grinder, the next best thing to use is a food processor. Works wonderfully to evenly chop the chicken meat. I use if for my Keto Chicken Nuggets as well!
Cast Iron Skillet- A cast iron skillet will get those meatballs nice and crisp on the outside while staying moist and tender on the inside. I also use my skillet for making my Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie pie!
Large Cookie Scoop- It's not completely necessary but using a cookie scooper for more than just cookies, helps make the perfect sized meatballs!
LOW CARB KETO FASTING MEAL PLANS
Our membership is simple. You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish.
You can choose from Three Meal Plan Options:
Low Carb Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 40 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Keto Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 20 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Intermittent Fasting Keto Meal Plan includes 2 meals per day plus one protein/fat rich snack daily with no more than 20 TOTAL carbs per day.
KETO LOW CARB CHICKEN CHORIZO MEATBALLS (PALEO)
Low Carb Chicken Chorizo Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 ounces yellow onion or (35 grams)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 ounces chorizo sausages or (150 grams)
- 24 ounces skinless, boneless, chicken thighs or (700 grams)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt to taste (remember chorizo can be quite salty)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper cracked, to taste
- 20 grams fresh parsley or .75 ounces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 14 ounces canned chopped tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon dried chili flakes to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper cracked
- 1.5 cups fresh spinach or (90 grams)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan and fry the onion on a medium heat for 2 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Remove the skins from the chorizo sausages.
- In a food processor, process the raw chorizo meat, chicken thighs, onion / garlic mix, salt and pepper until combined.
- Place the meat in a mixing bowl and mix through the parsley. Use a large 2 tablespoon cookie scooper to make perfect sized meatballs or roll by hand. You should get between 12 and 16 depending on how big you make them.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a cast iron / non stick frying pan. Fry the meatballs for 4 - 5 minutes on a medium heat, turning regularly, until almost cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, chili flakes and pepper to your cast iron / non stick frying pan. Simmer on a medium / low heat for 3 minutes. Add the meatballs and continue to simmer for about 7 minutes, turning the meatballs, until cooked all the way through and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the spinach and cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Option: remove the meatballs while you stir through the spinach to make it easier then pop the meatballs back in the pan to warm up.
- Storage: fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for 3 months.
Jo is the creative food photographer and stylist behind the healthy eating blog, Modern Food Stories. Jo's a testament that once you find the right approach for you, you can overcome chronic illness through the healing power of food. She believes the secret to radiant health starts and ends with a healthy gut so all her recipes are grain, gluten and refined sugar free. Many are also dairy-free.