WE made it through cubscout day camp week, whoohoo!!! It was a lot of fun but it was HOT!!! The kids had a blast and I’m exhausted but we are doing well.
I have worked outside the home as a teacher when I had only one child and that was hard. But having 3 kiddies and working all day then coming home at dinner time was even harder than I expected. Trying to write up blog posts, making dinner, packing lunches, trying to make new recipes, taking pictures, editing, laundry, dishes, all within a window of a few hours before bedtime and doing it all again the following day was exhausting! I’m grateful to now be home having homeschooling and blogging as my only jobs. I commend all you moms who work outside the home and manage to balance it all!
So this week I am home with the kids until Friday and then I am traveling for the weekend until Monday. Hubby will be on his own as far as feeding himself and the kids. But with planned left overs and making a yummy soup ahead they will all be just fine. Plus the hubby enjoys eating things with the kids I don’t normally let them all have so they look forward to when I am not around! 🙂
- Mini Upside Down Fruity Steel Cut Oat Cakes
- Strawberry Honey Scones (trying with blueberries)
- Cereal with blueberries-2x
- Cranberry Banana Smoothies (making with strawberries instead)
- No Bake Overnight Mango Oats (each child pick their own fruit)
- Eggs, turkey bacon, cantaloupe
- Over my parents house for a cookout
- Stuffed Turkey Burgers grilled, Carrot & Parsnip Fries, steamed string beans, watermelon
- Low Fat Healthy Chicken Piccata with brown rice pasta, broccoli, Fennel salad
- Marinated London Broil cooked on the grill, Quick Spinach Risotto, Spiced Cabbage & Onions
- Spinach Chicken Mushroom Crepes (using left over chicken piccata), Cucumber Tomato Feta salad
- Make your own Fajita’s using left over London Broil, brown rice, assorted veggies
- Beef Orzo Spinach Soup, raw carrots & cucumbers with ranch dip
What’s on your menu this week? Making any new recipes? Are you trying to incorporate more veggies into your meals?