This Incredible Low-Carb Flax Meal Bread is an easy and tasty quick bread for any meal!
Low Carb Bread
When it comes to low-carb bread, it's a tricky situation. You want that same texture you might remember prior to your low carb days, but often most store bought varieties are never as good as one had hoped. I've created a few bread recipes I'm pretty content with, but none that could really work well for a sandwich. My Cloud Bread Recipe is wonderful, but very light and airy. It makes fabulous French Toast! I've also got a Cheesy Fathead Roll recipe that's wonderful as a side with dinner. But I've always hoped I could make a bread that really resembled a hearty slice of grain bread I used to enjoy. This Atkins recipe has the texture of a grain bread and it is a very easy recipe as well!
I found this recipe in a new book by Atkins Nutritionals. It has a wealth of information for those who might just be starting out on a low-carb lifestyle change. But even if you're experienced and have been low carb for years, you'll also enjoy the quality of recipes this book provides. The recipe I'm sharing today is a win, both with me and my hubby!
My hubby said, "This is one of the best low carb breads I've ever had!" We toasted a few slices for our breakfast, topped with some cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers- it was incredible!
Nut Free Keto Bread
The amazing thing about this recipe is that you can make it tree nut free as well. I've tried it as the recipe calls for using almond flour and I've also swapped out the almond flour for sesame flour and it was just perfect since my youngest has a tree nut allergy. If you need a keto, nut free, dairy free bread, check out my Coconut Flour Bread that has rave reviews!
You can enjoy two wonderful slices for just around 2 net carbs! I kept ours refrigerated after it cooked and cooled. We just toast a slice when we're ready for breakfast or it can be made into a sandwich for the kids. Hope you love this bread as much as we do! Other breads you might like: Coconut Flour bread, Banana Bread, Sunflower Seed bread, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bread, Cloud Bread, Blueberry English Muffin Loaf, Pumpkin Cloud Bread, Irish Soda Bread.
Low Carb Flax Meal Bread
Low- Carb Flax Meal Bread
- olive oil spray
- ¾ cup 100% whole ground golden flaxseed meal
- ¾ cup almond flour or sesame flour- nut free option (my addition)
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs, such as Italian seasoning or rosemary
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon whole flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 1-pound loaf pan with olive oil spray. Mix the flaxseed meal, almond flour, Parmesan cheese, dried herbs, baking powder, stevia, and red pepper flakes, if using, in a large bowl, stirring well to combine.
- Add the eggs and the oil to the dry ingredients, using a wooden spoon to combine. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan, and sprinkle with the three seeds. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until the loaf is firm to the touch and the crust starts to brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store refrigerated in an airtight container or aluminum foil for up to 5 days.