These Sugar-Free Low Carb Pumpkin Twists are made using my nut free Fat Head Low Carb dough recipe. They are very easy to make, gluten free, grain free and perfect for holiday parties!
These easy danish like pumpkin twists are perfect for holiday parties. No utensil required, just grab a napkin! Or enjoy these for a comforting brunch or breakfast on the weekend. They taste sinful and indulgent, but are healthfully made with the low carb in mind.
Nut Free Fathead Dough
I'm sure you've seen them around on Facebook or Pinterest, the sugar filled carb crescent roll kind. That's in fact where I got my first idea to turn my fat head low carb pizza dough into twists. I had seen a video for traditional ones and decided to give a go at a low carb version.
And it was worth it! These are fabulous! The family was won over with these keto twists! The pumpkin pie filling is just perfect for this nut free fathead dough! If you've never tried my nut free fathead dough, you must give this recipe a go or try my very popular Keto Cinnamon Rolls!
I hope you've enjoyed my numerous pumpkin recipes this season!
- Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse Cake
- Pumpkin Pie
- Paleo Pumpkin Truffles
- Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Maple Cream Layered Mug Cake
- 1-Minute Pumpkin Spice English Muffin
Best Sugar Free Confectioners
These are lovely with a little drizzle of sugar free confectioners mixed with a little coconut milk to make a fabulous icing! The brand I love is Swerve! I have to say I have tried other sugar free erythritol products and nothing is as fine and smooth as using the Swerve confectioners. Everything else I've tried is grainy and I am not a fan of grainy in a frosting.
Meal Plan Membership
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you will love my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Pumpkin Twists (Nut Free Fathead Dough)
Low Carb (Fat Head) Pumpkin Twists
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients for the dough into the food processor, then add to a microwavable bowl and microwave for 2 minutes or until nicely melted.
- Wet hands with water and spread the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- I made mine 16 x 11 inch rectangle. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix the pumpkin, yolk, spice and sweeteners.
- Spread this filling all over the dough.
- Fold the dough over in half then slice 18 slices with an oiled pizza cutter.
- Separate slices about an inch apart. You may need two baking sheets with parchment as the twists will spread slightly when baking.
- Hold each end of each slice and gently twist once.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Cool then make the optional glaze if desired before serving.
- You can use any dough you prefer but the nutrition info below reflects using my dough linked in the recipe.
- You can use any sweetener you prefer as well. Simply do not add the yolk, add the sweetener of choice first, probably just ¼ cup to start then taste and adjust. Once you've got the filling to your desired sweetness add the egg yolk.
- I kept these refrigerated although I don't think it's necessary but I prefer them chilled.
- This recipe was first published in November 2016 and updated with video in November 2019.