This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
These Easy, Low Carb Reuben Cabbage Rolls have all the favorite ingredients that make Corned Beef and Cabbage so popular, but stuffed into a roll with a creamy keto Thousand Island dressing makes them even better!
These stuffed cabbage rolls aren’t your typical tomato sauce, beef and rice mixture. These take on the flavors of corned beef and cabbage with a slight twist, more like a Reuben sandwich but without the bread.
Corned Beef and Cabbage is a winning meal in my house because it’s the one and only time I can willingly get my kids to eat some cabbage. Although they clearly aren’t too keen on cabbage, they will eat it when it accompanies corned beef.
Most reuben roll recipes use some sort of dough to make them, but obviously using cabbage instead of dough makes them easily keto friendly. The corned beef and cabbage actually gets cooked separately in this recipe. The corned beef gets shredded and all the remaining ingredients are added to a bowl then stuffed into the all ready cooked cabbage leaves. A creamy homemade keto Thousand Island dressing inside and on top and it’s an excellent meal with plenty of left overs!
Feel free to remove the center stem of the cabbage leaves and make your rolls a little smaller. They do tend to be tough at the center, but if the cabbage is cooked long enough they should be soft enough to roll up with this luscious filling inside.
Since typical stuffed cabbage rolls usually have tomato or marinara sauce on the bottom and covered over them, I knew a creamy dressing was a must here. The creamy keto dressing takes this recipe over the top and the family will be asking for it again and again, not just around St.Patrick’s Day!
Looking for more awesome recipes using corned beef? Check out this scrumptious looking Reuben Salad, or this delicious looking Reuben Soup, or maybe a little something like this Reuben Dip would be perfect for a party!
I made my own homemade Thousand Island dressing for this recipe but of course you can use a store bought, just be sure to check the label for added sugar. Hope you enjoy this little twist on corned beef and cabbage!
Meal Plan Membership
Make your life simpler and stress free by joining our meal plan membership on a month to month basis or pay for the discounted 1 year membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plans are sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren’t interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you’ll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you’re well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Low Carb Reuben Cabbage Rolls
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Low Carb Reuben Cabbage Rolls
- 1 head cabbage (16 leaves)
- 1 pound corned beef
- 1 cup sauerkraut or 143 grams
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded or 240 grams
Thousand Island Dressing
- 2 cups sour cream or 471 grams
- 1/2 cup sugar free ketchup
- 1/3 cup dill pickle relish or 87 grams
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Remove the center stem of the cabbage.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add salt. Place the head of cabbage in the boiling, salted water and boil for about 10 minutes or until leaves are soft . Drain and dry leaves well and set aside.
- Cook your corned beef according to it's package. May take between 2-3 hours.
- Drain and shred corned beef.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese. Mix well. Set aside.
- Stir dressing ingredients together, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour half the dressing into the filling ingredients and mix to combine. Reserve the rest.
- Spread some dressing into the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan.
Lay one cabbage leaf on work surface, fill a small amount in the center of the cabbage leaf. Roll up one side, then ends, then other side, and place seam side down into pan. Make 16 rolls.
- Cover rolls with reserved dressing.
- Cover pan and bake 30 minutes.
This recipe was first published in March 2017 and updated with video in March 2020.