Garlic Lemon Chicken Drumsticks are tasty and quick for a weeknight family dinner!
Want a quick meal in about 30 minutes for your family? This is the recipe for you! Simple, tasty and an easy way to please a family. The garlic lemon sauce is made at the end of the recipe so even if your children are not fans of those ingredients you can cook up the drumsticks and take theirs out of the pan before adding the sauce.
You can also make this recipe with chicken thighs or even breasts on the bone. My family loved this recipe with a side of broccoli and rice!
That's curly parsley you see in the pic, but flat leaf parsely is fine to use as well. 🙂
Fast dinner on the table on a weeknight or bring to a BBQ, like Labor Day for instance, but either way everyone will enjoy these yummy drumsticks!
Garlic Lemon Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian Seasonings
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Heat oil in a large saute pan.
- Season drumsticks with salt, pepper and Italian seasonings.
- Cook until browned all over.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove drumsticks and keep warm.
- On low heat, add butter and garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and zest and return drumsticks to pan.
- Coat drumsticks with juices and place on serving plate.
- Pour remaining juice from pan over drumsticks and garnish with fresh parsley.
Other Chicken recipes you might like: