These Gorgeous Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes are Low Carb, Grain Free, Gluten Free but so decadent and delicious you'll almost feel guilty eating them.... almost!
When you need a special dessert to bring to a party, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes will be the hit of the night! No one will even guess these are low carb and sugar free! Packed full of creamy peanut butter frosting inside and on top of each one will make these disappear in minutes! Perfect for those with gluten allergies as these are grain and gluten free. No one can resist the combination of chocolate and peanut butter!
This special decadent cupcakes were made especially with a friend in mind today. I met Angie from Big Bear's Wife, at Food Blogger Conference a few years ago. We enjoyed dinner together at a function and chatted a bit about life and blogging. At that time I had not known how long she had been trying to get pregnant but as we continued to stay friends online through social media I quickly realized her hearts desire was a baby. She's been trying for 10 years and I'm so happy and thrilled to be a part of her excitement over a
baby coming in a few more weeks. (Baby Bear decided to come early on Wednesday September 20th!) Today we celebrate her joy with a virtual baby shower!
I can't think of a better treat to bring to a party, especially a mom to be, than cupcakes! I mean who doesn't love a good cupcake right? I also know Angie has been trying really hard to watch her weight during her pregnancy so I think she would just love these healthier cupcakes at her baby shower. I think she's probably also love my Peanut Butter Mousse recipe and my Vanilla Wafers, but for easy eating at a party, cupcakes were my choice.
Please take some time to check out all the amazing recipes we made for Angie's virtual baby shower!
Baby Blue Punch from Or Whatever You Do.
Easy Fall Party Punch from Miss in the Kitchen.
Simple & Fun Mimosa Bar from My Life Well Loved.
Simple Southern Sweet Tea from Love and Confections.
Appetizers & Salads:
Creamy Grape Salad with Toasted Pecans from Unsophisticook.
Mini Chicken and Waffles from Sweet Beginnings.
Pimento Cheese Stuffed Buttermilk Biscuits from It's Yummi.
Savory Cucumber Melon Salad with Honey Thyme Vinaigrette from Cooking in Stilettos.
Spicy Southern Deviled Eggs from This Gal Cooks.
American Pierogi Casserole from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen.
Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Butter Sauce from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
Pimento Cheese Tomato Ham Sliders from Honey and Birch.
Banana Pudding Layered Dessert from High Heels and Grills.
Brookies from Baked Bree.
Caramel Corn from The Redhead Baker.
Caramel Pecan Cheesecake from Cooking with Carlee.
Chocolate Chip Clouds from All Day I Dream About Food.
Lemon Donuts with Raspberry Glaze from Ashlee Marie
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes from Sugar-Free Mom.
Mickey Mouse Candy Pops from The Decorated Cookie.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownie Bars from The Bitter Side of Sweet.
Small Batch Rhubarb Strawberry Jam from The JavaCupcake Blog
Classic Yellow Butter Cake with Fudgy Chocolate Icing from That Skinny Chick Can Bake.
Yellow Cupcakes with Peach Cream Cheese Frosting from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt.
Worms and Dirt Cookie Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips.
Whether it's for a baby shower or just a weekend treat these little cupcakes are sure to please!
- The base of my cupcake was adapted from my Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes. I had used sunflower seeds in those but this time I swapped it for sesame flour and it worked well. I feel confident if you use almond flour you will have good results if that's all you have on hand.
- If you don't have Sukrin on hand any sugar free low carb sweetener you like can be swapped for it.
- If you don't have chocolate stevia you will need to sub another ½ cup of sweetener to equal the sweetness in these cupcakes.
Low Carb Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes
- ½ cup sesame flour 70g or almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour 27g
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder 28g
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder 42g
- ½ cup Sukrin Melis or another sugar free confectioners sweetener
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz Half and Half
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chocolate liquid stevia
- .5 cup butter
- 3.5 oz sugar free chocolate
Peanut Butter Frosting
- ½ cup unsweetened peanut butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk the first 8 ingredients together and set aside.
- Add the eggs, Half & Half, vanilla extract and chocolate stevia to a stand mixer and blend on high until incorporated.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and blend again.
- Melt the butter ad chocolate together in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and stir until it is smooth.
- Add a small amount to the mixer and blend on low. Continue to add until it's all absorbed and well mixed.
- Line a 12 capacity cupcake pan with cupcake liners and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Evenly add the batter to each cup.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Add the frosting ingredients to a stand mixer and blend on high until smooth.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon from the center of each cupcake. Add frosting to a piping bag and add to the scooped out center and on top of each cupcake.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Can I substitute vanilla protein powder. I don’t have chocolate
What is half and half never heard of it
Half whole milk and half heavy cream
Could soy flour be used in place of the sesame flour?
I've never baked with soy flour so not sure the difference compared to sesame.
Tara @ Unsophisticook
I'm all for healthier cupcakes! Especially with peanut butter frosting -- yum.
Angie | Big Bear's Wife
ooo these are amazing! We've been working on adding more and more low carb foods and recipes into our lives over the past year so these are just awesome! Making them for Thomas and I soon (or I might get Thomas to make them hahaha) - Thank you so much for being a party of my virtual baby shower to celebrate Baby Jackson!!!
You're so welcome! Im so very happy for both of you!God bless baby Jackson!