This amazing, tender, keto beef stew is perfect for a cold winter night and made all in one pot for an easy clean up!
Easy Beef Stew
This easy one pot dinner is the best of the best beef stew you will ever have! It's started in one pot on the stove, braising the beef until nicely browned, then adding in all the fabulous flavors from mushrooms, shallots, garlic and herbs. The beer or ale adds great flavor and is a wonderful addition to this stew. Don't worry about the alcohol content if you're feeding your children. It's cooked for a couple of hours so most of the alcohol is cooked off.
One Pot Meal
One pot meals are all the rave because it's make for cleaning up that much easier. With this keto one pot recipe, you are getting the best, most flavorful beef stew because of the browning of the beef in the pot first. You then deglaze with the low carb beef and the entire pot goes into the oven for a couple of hours to finish tendering the meat. This is a classic beef stew that will be a hit with the whole family. Serve over my Mashed Cauliflower to complete the meal or add some keto cheesy rolls to bring even more comfort to a cold winters night.
Tools to Make Keto Beef Stew
Dutch oven-While it is a cost investment in my opinion it is worth every penny. You can make some amazing dishes in this Dutch oven, like my New England Calm Chowder in my cookbook Naturally Keto, or my Creamy Keto Cream of Chicken Soup with Cabbage, or this Easy Keto Taco Soup.
or Oven Safe Casserole Dish-A bit more affordable but can do the same thing as the Dutch oven, cook on the stove top then transfer to the oven safely.
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you will love my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Other Keto Stew Recipes you might like:
Keto Beef Ale Stew
Keto Beef Ale Stew
- 1 pound beef (chuck roast or bottom round) braising beef cut into chunks
- 1 dash sea salt to taste
- 1 dash black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil for frying
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 ounces light beer low-carb
- 2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 300⁰ F.
- Season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Place a Dutch Oven or an oven safe casserole dish on the stove and heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches so that you don’t stew the meat, brown the seasoned beef on all sides.
- Add the mushrooms, shallots, garlic and herbs and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes.
- Pour in the light beer to deglaze the pan, scraping up the bits from the bottom.
- Whisk the xanthan gum into the beef stock.
- Bring the stew to a boil and then add the stock and tomato paste.
- Stir through to thoroughly combine and then cover with a lid.
- Place in the oven for 2½ hours, until the beef is really tender.
- Optional: Serve with creamy cauliflower mash.
- This stew will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to one week.
It can also be portioned and frozen.
Naomi is the force behind Naomi Sherman | Food Creative. She is passionate about recipe development, food photography and styling. An accomplished home cook who was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease eight years ago, Naomi started to explore the connection between healthy, whole food and her symptoms, and a new love was born. She fiercely believes that what you put in your body is one of the most important factors for your physical, and mental, wellbeing.