This Easy Mexican Cornbread Casserole is Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Grain Free and one of the most comforting and satisfying meals you can make for your family!
Easy Cornbread Casserole
With a layer of cornbread as the base, a mixture of spices with organic grass fed ground beef and another layer of cheesy cornbread on top, this scrumptious meal is not only a family friendly one, but simple enough for any busy weeknight! It's also easy to make ahead, freeze and thaw for when life gets crazy and you need dinner on the table fast.
When I think of comfort foods, it always comes back to some form of bread for me. I am an Italian and grew up on carbs, so when I began eating low carb that was certainly something I missed. But it's also made me work really hard to make over traditional recipes and turn them into low carb wonders, like my Grain Free Low Carb Cornbread.
Organic Grass-Fed Ground Beef is always on the menu for my family on a weekly basis. I love making comforting meals using ground beef, like my Bacon Cheeseburger Cauliflower Casserole, and my Bacon Cheeseburger Calzone made with my Fathead Low Carb Dough!
I've partnered with ButcherBox because I love their 100% organic meats. Butcher Box is a monthly subscription which works out to be less than $6.00 a meal. Each box comes with 8-11 pounds of meat which is about 20-28 meals. The best part is that it's shipped right to your door and delivery is free.
You can choose to customize your box with whatever meats you prefer. I love having variety so the standard box was perfect for us. It came with 100% Grass Fed Ground Beef, Top Sirloin, New York Strip, Ribeye, Free Range Organic Chicken Breasts, Heritage Breed Pork Chops, and Bacon.
Right Now ButcherBox will be giving you 2 pounds of FREE Ground Beef for life on every order for the lifetime of your subscription!! This offer ends March 31st!
I highly recommend trying Butcherbox if you're a busy family like me especially concerned about the meat you and your family are eating and that it doesn't containing hormones. It's not only affordable, it's convenient too!
If you love meals like this for yourself and family, you might be interested in my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb keto dinner meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Keto Cornbread Casserole
Mexican Cornbread Casserole (Low Carb, Gluten Free)
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet with the onion and garlic until no longer pink.
- Add the cumin, salt, pepper, salsa and chili powder if using. Stir together. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F while you make the cornbread.
- Add all the cornbread ingredients to a stand mixer and blend until well combined.
- Grease a 9 by 13 baking dish and spread a thin layer, about one third of the cornbread mixture over the bottom of dish.
- Pour the ground beef mixture over the cornbread layer. Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese over the meat.
- Spread the remaining cornbread mixture over the meat and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with toppings: sour cream, jalapenos, salsa, cheese, olives