These Easy No Bake Haystack Cookies are low carb, keto, gluten free, grain free and taste amazing!
Today's awesome No Bake Cookie recipe comes from my friend Carolyn's new cookbook, "The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen". Carolyn blogs over at All Day I Dream About Food and she and I have known each other for the last 5 years! She's a trusted friend and not only that, a trusted baker and home cook.
Her recipes are all top notch, all the time. Her recipes never fail to impress me and I am always sharing them on my Facebook page. I know that she has put her heart and soul into this cookbook and has thoroughly tested all her recipes which means they will be perfection!
Carolyn shares her story about how gestational diabetes effected her while pregnant with her third child and she had hopes it would resolve after giving birth. It didn't and she started having to create recipes to help keep her blood sugar stable. She started the blog out of necessity but you can clearly see in all her work how much she truly loves what she gets to do for a living. She feeds her family, keeps herself healthy and fit and in the process helps others to see you don't need to ever feel deprived when you have special dietary needs.
While browsing through the book I realized that EVERY single recipe has a PICTURE! I love cookbooks with pictures and loath those that do not have them for each recipe. I love to see the final product. I also loved reading her "everyday tips" under each recipe. The best part is nutritional information is provided as well for each recipe!
When I saw these cookies in her book and knowing how much I love no bake recipes and knowing how much I love chocolate, I thought, "What a sweet friend, she had me in mind when she made these!" And they are every bit the most delicious cookie you don't have to work hard to make in the kitchen, super easy!
One quick note here though, I made some small changes. The orginial recipe using almond butter and pecans, but my youngest son has a tree nut allergy, so I decided to do some swaps for those ingredients you will see below. They turned out just perfect!
You can grab Carolyn's book here on my Amazon Affiliate link and I also hope you'll stop by her blog as well and let you know you found her through me!!
No-Bake Haystack Cookies
- ⅓ cup almond butter (I used Tahini)
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ⅔ cup Swerve confectioners-style sweetener or another powdered sugar free sweetener
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup pecans (I used pumpkin seeds)
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- In large saucepan over low heat, combine tahini, chocolate, and coconut oil. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Whisk in the sweetener, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds and stir until well combined.
- Drop the mixture by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve; they will keep for up to a week.