This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
Mexican Taquitos got a healthy make over but taste just as good, if not even better!
Does your family or you love Mexican food? Maybe you’ve never heard of Taquitos before or attempted to make them, but I’m sure you’ve seen them.
They are basically a rolled up taco with some type of beef or chicken filling and then fried!
These are made with corn tortillas and filled with an adaption of my Turkey Enchilada recipe then baked until crispy. You won’t even really notice they aren’t fried because they still get nice and crisp!
Once you make the easy filling, you roll them and bake them and this recipe makes a ton so you can have plenty of left overs! The above pictures are using regular corn tortillas so they are more yellow, but I ran out and all I had was some white corn tortillas which are not as yellow. No difference in flavor, just color. Choose whichever ones you like.
This recipe makes 30 and they are little so a serving is 3. We had left overs the next night so I placed them back onto a baking sheet and reheated them at 350 for about 10 minutes. They came out just as good.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Oven Fried Mexican Turkey Taquitos
- 1 onion chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt 2 %
- 30 6 1/2 inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sharp shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saute pan heat oil and cook onion until soft.
- Add turkey, salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and cook until turkey is no longer pink.
- Stir in beans, spinach and yogurt.
- Spray corn tortillas on both sides with nonstick cooking spray and heat in a pan for 30 seconds on each side.
- Spoon 1/4 cup filling onto each tortilla.
- Roll up, seam side down on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with the cheddar.
- Bake until crisp 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Makes 30.
Weight Watcher's PointsPlus for three= 11*
One taquito= 3.5*
Other recipes you might like: