A stack of delicious but healthy oat protein pancakes right there and you can’t see the healthy right? BUT the healthy is there!
If you seen some of my other protein pancakes then you’ll know the secret ingredients that makes them light and fluffy. These are made with oatmeal, egg whites and a surprise……cottage cheese!
Could you feed your family these? Of course! Otherwise I would have made them a single serving, this batter makes 16! My kids PREFER these pancakes over anything! It all started with blueberry oat pancakes then I made some pumpkin oat and my pickiest child, my 12 year old son, said If I made pancakes like this all the time, he’d eat them! And eat them he did! So now this is what I serve my kids!
Made with a LOT of egg whites BUT when you buy a carton of them it is much easier. ‘Course you could just use eggs too, probably about 8 eggs. You could also try doing 4 eggs and 1 cup of egg whites as well.
Since it’s Christmas Eve here are some other delicious but healthy breakfasts you might enjoy:
- Blueberry Oat Pancakes
- Pumpkin Oat Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Scones
- Pumpkin Vanilla Millet Porridge
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Ham & Cheese Puff Pancake
- Cranberry Apple Bread
- Personalized Whole Wheat Puff Pancakes
- Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Upside Down Fruity Steel Cut Oat Cakes
- You could sub the egg whites with 8 eggs.
- If you don’t have liquid stevia you can use powdered, here’s my stevia conversion chart.
- If you don’t like stevia you can certainly sub another sweetener of choice.
Banana Oat Protein Pancakes: [Gluten Free] & 10 Christmas Breakfast Recipes
- 2 cups egg whites
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup cottage cheese low fat
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla liquid stevia
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Blend all pancake ingredients together in your blender .
Spray a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray and pour a 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan.
Cook until edges are dry and bubbles on top have formed. Flip over and cook another minute.
Finish with the rest of the batter.
Add some honey and yogurt for topping if desired.
Recipe NotesWeight Watchers PointsPlus: 2*