Do you need a way to increase your green veggie intake or help your kids get in some? This is a good way to start if you have picky kids as I do. Parmesan cheese makes this unbelievably good and the kids will enjoy picking them up with their fingers too!
This recipe was inspired by Aggie’s Kitchen. When I saw her Baked Zucchini Sticks I was excited. I thought this would be the perfect way to get my kiddies to eat zucchini. I was right, it worked beautifully! They loved them!
Her recipe is slightly adapted by eliminating the bread crumbs, adding some fresh parsley, and reducing one egg for an egg white.
I love that I can eat a half a cup for very few calories and only one point!
- 3 large zucchini, sliced (6 cups sliced rounds)
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat the egg and white in a shallow bowl, set aside.
- Place the Parmesan, garlic powder and parsley in another bowl and mix well.
- Dip zucchini rounds in egg mixture then in Parmesan and place on baking sheet.
- Do not overlap zucchini on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes then flip them over and bake until 10 minutes or until the are golden brown on top.
The Sugar-Free Mom Cookbook has been Released!! Hitting shelves in days and Amazon is selling it at a discount right now!