Oven Fried Salt & Vinegar Chicken Wings are the ultimate game day party food!
Chicken Wings are the perfect finger food for all parties! They are well loved when it comes to football or game day eats. Most often I've seen barbecue chicken wings winning out above the rest but I'm here to share my recipe for a flavor I think will win out above them all; Salt & Vinegar Chicken wings!
Recently we went out to a restaurant called Buffalo Wild Wings and had the most amazing salt and vinegar dry rub on wings! I was in love and new I needed to recreate a version at home and bake them instead of fry them.
I've never found out what exactly was in the dry seasoning used by that restaurant but I attempted my own version adapting the flavors from my Salt & Vinegar Zucchini Chips.
I've made them a couple times now and think this is probably as best as I can get them without frying them.
The seasoning works best and has the most flavor after the wings have marinated and baked in the oven.
You can see the differences here on the baking sheet of the way I tried adding the seasoning. The 4 wings up front have been rolled and tossed in the seasonings while the rest of them have just been given a sprinkle on both sides.
The hubby was worried by rolling and tossing them in the seasoning it would be too overpowering so I sprinkled on the rest. You can use do it however you like. I actually prefer them to be more heavily coated but that's just me.
If you're not keen on Salt & Vinegar Flavored wings, these Crispy Baked Chicken Wings might be more to your liking or maybe these Brown Butter Old Bay Wings, but if you like Spicy, check out these Spicy Oven Chicken Wings!
- You don't necessarily need to add any sweetener to these, but the little bit of Swerve I did add really enhances the savory flavors of these wings so I do highly recommend using it.
- The malt vinegar is optional because you certainly could just taste a wing and decide if it has enough vinegar flavor for your taste buds. I prefer more and used it heavily!
- If you decide you'd rather coat the wings as opposed to just sprinkling the dry seasoning on them you may need to double the ingredients.
Other Recipes you might enjoy:
- Salt & Vinegar Zucchini Chips
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Ranch Zucchini Chips
- Mini Bunless Cheeseburger Bites
- Crock Pot BBQ Sugar-Free Baby Back Ribs
Oven Fried Salt and Vinegar Chicken Wings
- Lay the chicken wings in a 9 by 13 baking pan.
- Whisk the vinegar and oil together and pour over the wings.
- Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees .
- Bake the wings for 30 minutes right from the pan they've marinated in.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Remove the wings from the pan they baked in and place them on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle both sides of the wings with the seasonings.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle on optional malt vinegar over the hot wings when they come out of the oven.
- Serve hot!