This Quick Easy Keto Skillet Lasagna uses simple ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes!
EASY SKILLET LASAGNA
Having simple recipes with just a few ingredients is the best way to handle busy work weeks with a family. When you can make simple low carb dinners in under 30 minutes that the whole family will enjoy and not complain about, that my friend is priceless!
Even better is knowing it's low carb and keto, and the family won't even notice or care! That is how you remove stress from the infamous, "What's for dinner?" question from the family.
This simple, quick keto skillet lasagna has all the traditional flavors of a traditional lasagna, minus the carby pasta! The special way we cut the cabbage, absorbs well in this tasty, saucy, cheesy mixture and no one will be the wiser! Keto Skillet Lasagna will be your go-to weeknight meal in your regular rotation!
TOOLS TO MAKE SKILLET LASAGNA
Cutting Board-Having multiple cutting boards of different sizes is a wonderful addition to your kitchen.
Cast Iron Skillet-Cast iron skillets are essential when you have a stove top recipe but also need it to bake or finish cooking in the oven. Having this cast iron skillet creates a fantastic sear on meats and other ingredients while keeping the heat nice and even.
LOW CARB KETO MEAL PLANS
Make your life simpler and stress free by joining our meal plan membership on a month to month basis or pay for the discounted 1 year membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plans are sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list.
The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and
I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! TRY OUR FREE SAMPLE MEAL PLANS HERE!
You can choose from Three Meal Plan Options:
Low Carb Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 40 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Keto Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 20 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Intermittent Fasting Keto Meal Plan includes 2 meals per day plus one protein/fat rich snack daily with no more than 20 TOTAL carbs per day.
MORE EASY KETO RECIPES
CAN THIS BE DAIRY FREE?
You can swap the dairy mozzarella cheese as well as the ricotta to make this easy keto skillet lasagna dairy free. I've found dairy free shredded cheese to replace the mozzarella, made with almond milk as well as cashew milk, at Trader Joes and Whole Foods. I've not found a dairy free ricotta cheese, but if you could find a dairy free cottage cheese that would be a great alternative for ricotta.
QUICK KETO SKILLET LASAGNA
Quick Keto Skillet Lasagna
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and chopped
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon fresh basil (with some extra for garnish)
- 14 ounces marinara sauce unsweetened or tomato passata
- 4 cups green cabbage chopped into 1" squares
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves optional
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add your olive oil.
- Cook the onions and garlic for a minute or two until they are translucent and fragrant.
- Season the ground beef and cook until browned and well done.
- Add the seasonings (Italian seasonings and basil) to the beef and stir through.
- Place the sauce in the pan and stir through the beef until the sauce is combined well.
- Add the cabbage squares to the pan and stir gently until they are incorporated.
- (It may look like there is too much cabbage but be patient, as it cooks it will reduce in volume.)
- Cook over a gentle heat for a further 15 minutes, until the cabbage is just tender.
- Stir the mozzarella through the sauce and then dollop the ricotta over the top.
- Finish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a scatter of fresh basil leaves. Stir to combine all the cheese and enjoy!
- Storage: The lasagna will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to one week. It can also be portioned and frozen.