These easy keto spicy beef lettuce wraps are perfect for a fast weeknight dinner!
Lettuce wraps have been around for a long time and very popular for those on a low carb and/or keto diet. You can truly wrap so many meats up with lettuce and enjoy it as well as the feeling of grasping something low in carbs that isn't bread. You can use lettuce wraps in place of buns for burgers, in place of tortillas for tacos, and even for burritos! When it comes to choosing lettuce, a hearty, strong leaf works best, like Romaine or Butter lettuce which has some flexibility for rolling up.
Tools to Make Beef Lettuce Wraps
If you love recipes like this for yourself and family, you will love my meal planning membership. Weekly low carb and/or keto meal plan sent to your inbox every Friday with shopping list. The best part about my meal planning feature is that if you aren't interested in one of the dinner meals you can swap it out for something else! You can even change serving sizes and the shopping list will adjust! It pretty amazing software and I hope you'll take advantage of it. You can have a sustainable low carb/keto lifestyle when you're well prepared and planning meals is the key! LEARN MORE TODAY!
Other Recipes you might like:
- Low Carb Shrimp Salsa Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Turkey Lettuce wraps
Keto Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps
Keto Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 teaspoon sesame oil toasted
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 red chili pepper deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon golden monkfruit sweetener Lakanto
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 4 spring onions trimmed and chopped
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves or Romaine separated into leaves, to serve
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat and add your olive oil.
- Season the ground beef and cook until browned and well done.
- Remove from pan and dispose of leftover fats in pan.
- Place the toasted sesame oil in the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chili and cook for 1 minute.
- Be careful not to overcook the garlic as it will become bitter.
- Add the sweetener and cook for a further minute.
- Return the beef to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice and zest and combine well.
- Stir over the heat for another minute and then remove from the heat.
- Toss the spring onion greens through at the last minute.
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Serve spoonfuls of the spicy beef in lettuce cups, topped with a drizzle of dressing and extra chili, if desired.
- The beef will keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to one week.
It can also be portioned and frozen.
Naomi is the force behind Naomi Sherman | Food Creative. She is passionate about recipe development, food photography and styling. An accomplished home cook who was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease eight years ago, Naomi started to explore the connection between healthy, whole food and her symptoms, and a new love was born. She fiercely believes that what you put in your body is one of the most important factors for your physical, and mental, wellbeing.