Want to make something different with chicken breasts and that's also a quick week night meal??
Try these delicious stuffed breasts. I must confess I really hate dry anything, particularly dry chicken breasts! I am the only one in my family who WANTS to eat them as opposed to the more higher calorie dark meat the rest of the family wants. So I decided to stuff these babies so MY babies would eat them!!! AND eat them they sure did!
It's a bit high in fat due to the ricotta and ham, BUT totally worth it when you are in need of a change from the typical chicken breast meal. Worth every bit of the 7 Points+ !!
Every once in awhile its necessary to change your eating patterns and choices so you don't fall into the trap of dieting/healthy eating boredom! This is so luscious because of the ricotta it almost tastes like you are cheating! I think you'll be pretty happy to see the nutritional info here. Consider making this every so often and don't forget to include a healthy veggie for a complete meal! Why not try some baked sweet potatoes and brussles sprouts with bacon? SO good!
- •½ c. part-skim ricotta cheese
- •¼ c. grated Parmesan
- •1 clove garlic, minced
- •4 boneless, skinless breast halves (about 4 oz. each)
- •2 slices, deli ham, cut in half
- •½ cup whole wheat flour
- •½ teaspoon salt
- •½ teaspoon garlic powder
- •⅓ c. finely chopped fresh basil (optional)
- •¼ teaspoon pepper
- •2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl combine ricotta, Parmesan, garlic, garlic powder and basil.
- Cut a slit along side of chicken breast, open like a book and lay one half deli ham slice on it. Spoon ¼ c. ricotta mixture onto each ham slice then close over filling and fasten with toothpicks.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper and dredge chicken on both sides.
- In a large skillet, warm oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes then flip onto other side and cook another 5 minutes until chicken is no longer pink inside. Cut into one to check. Serve hot and enjoy!
I made these, very yummy but the cook time was way off maybe my chicken was thicker? It took about 15 min per side. Quick easy meal to make when you are in a hurry.
They look amazing. I can't wait to try them. Do you use flour? I see the it listed in prep but not in ingredients- and would LOVE to skip it completely.(We're struggling to keep grains to once per day only). Betting my family is going to love these! THANK YOU!
I just fixed that, sorry!
It's not much for all that chicken but you could try just eliminating it and I am betting they will still be just as good.
Tabitha (a.k.a. Penny)
That looks insanely good! Next time I have deli ham, I am making this. Thanks for linking up. (pinned)
Wow! Finally I can buy chicken breasts again! I stopped making them because they always came out dry! This recipe is not only easy but it's yummy!
Sounds so tasty! I love a yummy stuffed chicken breast dish. Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Yum! I'd eat that in a heart beat!