These Salt & Pepper Cabbage Chips are low carb, gluten free and low in calories!
If you love chips as I do, these Cabbage Chips will be your new favorite! Now don't get me wrong, I love my Salt & Vinegar Zucchini Chips and my Sour Cream and Onion Cucumber Chips, but these are pretty spectacular!
I'm always trying new veggies to use in my dehydrator. Yes you could try making these in the oven, but honestly they just never come out as crisp as when using a dehydrator. I recently tried to make broccoli stem chips but they failed, too small really. Not everyone is into eggplant but I love my Eggplant Parmesan Chips! Some of you might also like my Crisp Parmesan Tomato Chips if you're a tomato lover.
It's just something about a healthy chip that make me happy! I can enjoy them without the guilt! My kids even tried them and they aren't cabbage fans! It's really all about the seasonings that make these work.
You could really play around with the seasonings and use some Nacho Flavor like from my Spicy Nacho Cucumber Chip recipe.
You could even leave out the salt and pepper and these would still be great!
Simple but Delicious is how I like to roll in the summer!
- Here's the dehydrator I recommend.
- I have not tried this with a traditional green cabbage. I bet a Savoy (Curly) Cabbage would work well for chips also.
Salt & Pepper Cabbage Chips
- 1 pound Napa Cabbage or 478 g
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh ground pepper
- Cut the stem off of the cabbage. Wash and dry the leaves.
- Cut the leaves on an angle, almost in the shape of triangles.
- Place in a bowl and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Lay on the grates of the dehydrator, do not overlap.
- Dehydrate at 135 degrees or according to your manufacturers instructions.
- Mine we perfectly crisp after 12 hours.