These easy keto veggie cheesy waffles will make all non veggie lovers happily devour them without complaint!
HIDDEN VEGGIE WAFFLES
Grilled cheese got a new makeover and with hidden veggies, these savory Keto Low-Carb Veggie Cheesy Waffles are a great way to sneak more veggies into your diet or those in your family who hate veggies … and they taste absolutely amazing! These cheesy waffles are nice and sturdy using shredded zucchini and cauliflower! The family will have no idea these cheesy waffles have veggies since they are full of cheese, inside and on top!
I've found over the years for my children, that with enough cheese, I can hide just about anything! I've got these Cheesy Cauliflower "Bread"Sticks, Zucchini Bites, and my famous Bacon Cheeseburger Cauliflower Casserole!
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A MINI DASH WAFFLE MAKER?
If you don't have a mini dash waffle maker, you can use a regular standard size if that's all you have. If using a standard sized waffle maker, you will only have about 4 waffles as opposed to 7 mini.
If you don't have a waffle maker in either a mini or regular size, you can still make this cheesy veggie waffles. Simply heat a skillet with avocado oil or butter, drop a couple of spoonfuls of batter into the hot pan and flatten slightly with your spatula. Cook about 3-4 minutes then flip over to cook on the other side.
Super easy, just as tasty, but a little bit more work than using a mini dash waffle maker.
CAN I SWAP CAULIFLOWER?
You could swap out the cauliflower and use more zucchini if you prefer, though I have not tested all zucchini with this recipe. I do believe as long as you really squeeze out as much liquid as possible once the shredded veggies are cooked, that it would still work with all zucchini.
VEGGIE PIZZA WAFFLE
Use this simple base recipe to customize into pizza flavored waffles by adding some herbs like 1 tablespoon of Italian herbs, 1tablespoon tomato puree, some chopped pepperoni, 1 teaspoon garlic and onion powder and of course top with mozzarella for the win!
Our membership is simple. You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish.
You can choose from Three Meal Plan Options:
Low Carb Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 40 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Keto Meal Plan includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks with 20 net grams of carbs or less per day.
Intermittent Fasting Keto Meal Plan includes 2 meals per day plus one protein/fat rich snack daily with no more than 20 TOTAL carbs per day.
KETO VEGGIE CHEESY WAFFLES
Keto Cheesy Waffle Fritters
- 15 ounces cauliflower florets
- 15 ounces zucchini
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated (or 113g)
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (or 24g)
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese grated (for grilling) (optional)
- Preheat your non-stick waffle iron. I used a mini Dash waffle maker.
- Shred the veggies in a food processor like you would to make cauliflower rice.
- Place the shredded veggies in a heatproof bowl and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes then place into a muslin cloth or clean fine tea towel and squeeze out the excess water.
- Place the compressed veggies back in your mixing bowl and add 1 cup of grated cheese, melted butter, egg, coconut flour, salt and pepper. Mix with clean hands to combine.
- Add enough mix to fill the waffle iron. For the mini Dash, it’s about ⅓ cup and flatten.
- Close the waffle iron lid and cook for about 2.5 minutes, lift the lid and wait for 30 seconds before lifting out with a knife. This help with easy removal. Check occasionally towards the end to ensure they don’t burn. Each waffle iron will cook differently so test one as you may need to adjust your cooking times slightly.
- Repeat for all the remaining mix. Once the waffles are cooked, option to place on a non-stick baking tray, top with grated cheddar and place under the broiler until melted, about 2 minutes. Option to also top with fresh herbs or dried Italian herbs.
- Storage: Best fresh