Sugar-Free Chocolate Skillet Brownie is low carb and gluten free!
Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. I realize it’s about your partner or spouse, but if you have kids you know they want to get in on the fun too.
And in fun, I mean they want some CHOCOLATE , and never want to be left out.
It’s just a family affair in our home whether the hubby and I like to admit it or not. We celebrate our love WITH the kids and for this night, I made this recipe for everyone to enjoy!
Actually I’ve had to make this recipe about 3 times before perfection.
By Valentine’s night they may all ready be sick of this recipe, well…. maybe……..but they never say know to brownies or chocolate so I highly doubt they will refuse it. 🙂
It’s preferably the ultimate best when you just forgo the plates and grabs spoons and enjoy right out of the oven while it’s nice and warm in the skillet.
But you can slice it and cut it like a pizza and serve it that way as well with a fork ’cause this is FUDGEY!
Once the batter is made you spread in the skillet and bake it for 20 minutes. While you might look at it when it comes out of the oven as not being done, the skillet remains hot and keeps cooking the brownies a while once out of the oven. Trust me on this, they must be pulled out sooner then you think. You don’t want to cook it as long as typical brownies in a glass baking dish. I’ve done that and cooked them 5 minutes longer and great out of the oven but dried up in about 15 minutes. And that is not enjoyable.
- If you don’t have a cast iron skillet you can still bake these in a regular 8 by 8 baking pan. Just grease the pan with butter and bake for 23-25 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes clean.
- Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 flour is perfect for this and bakes just as typical flour would. No need to add xanthan gum.
- You can make this with another flour of choice except coconut flour. Almond flour might work although I have not tried this substitution as my youngest has a tree nut allergy.
- If you don’t have the chocolate stevia you can use plain, clear stevia or even vanilla flavored liquid stevia.
- If you sub Swerve with Truvia please remove the stevia because it will not be needed as Truvia is much sweeter than Swerve.
Other Recipes you might enjoy:
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar-Free ChocolateSkillet Brownie
- 8 tablespoons butter unsalted
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate I use Ghiraredelli
- 1 cup Swerve or erythritol
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid chocolate stevia
- Optional: 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips like Lily's brand.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place 1 tablespoon butter in skillet and place in oven while preheating.
In a microwaveable bowl melt the remaining butter and the baking chocolate for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
In another bowl whisk together the Swerve, cocoa powder, flour, flaxseed, baking powder and salt.
Add the dry ingredients to the melted chocolate and stir until absorbed.
Taste and adjust sweetener here before adding eggs.
Whisk the eggs, stevia and extract then add them to the chocolate batter and stir until thoroughly combined.
Spread this batter into the skillet and add optional chocolate chips if desired.
Bake for 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
Best if enjoyed warm right out of the oven.
Net Carbs: 7.1g* per serving
This post has been sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill. I have been compensated to create this recipe however all opinions are 100% my own and always will be. Thank you for supporting the brands I enjoy working with!