This easy slow cooker recipe for Balsamic Caprese Stuffed Chicken Thighs is out of this world delicious! It's also keto, low carb, gluten free and grain free! Quick Skillet directions also provided!
Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
I don't know what it is about juicy chicken thighs, but I have an insane love affair with them. I want the meat falling apart and the slow cooker is always the way I can make this happen. If you're new around here you may not know about my crazy viral recipe for Crock Pot Balsamic Chicken Thighs. One of the best around and with rave reviews. I decided to take that recipe and step it up a notch by stuffing those thighs!
Slow Cooker or Skillet Recipe
I did ask on Facebook whether more of you were interested in a Crock pot recipe or a quick skillet recipe. It was quite the tie but in the end more of you selected the Crock pot version, BUT i have great news, I've tried the Quick Skillet Approach with these and it's just as good! So below you will find, directions for both methods! In my hubby's opinion they taste the same with either cooking method. I've also got a balsamic chicken breast recipe and a balsamic pork tenderloin, if you prefer!
Caprese is just my favorite ingredients to use always! Fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, it's just always good! But here in this recipe the fresh tomatoes would have resulted in a watery center, which is not ideal for stuffing. Sun dried tomatoes work perfectly since they are not watery like fresh and you just need a small amount to get that familiar tomato taste.
While the slow cooker doesn't get you as crisp an outside as using the skillet, because of thighs sitting in that balsamic vinegar in the slow cooker, the bottom makes for the best crispy edges. So whether you use quick skillet or slow cooker, either option is tasty! Don't like chicken thighs? No problem, try it with chicken breasts!
Low Carb Keto Meal Plans
Our membership is simple. You can subscribe for a month to try it out or you can subscribe for a yearly membership. Each Friday you will get a meal plan that comes to your email. You'll have that early in order to go food shopping before the meal plan begins on Sunday. You will be able to view and print the meal plan and the shopping list. If you don't like a meal, simply delete it and swap it with another meal you like. The shopping list will automatically adjust. It's the best software available out there for a customizable menu plan. Not many other low carb or keto meal plans allow you the option to remove, add, start with a blank menu and create your own if you so wish. Learn More about our meal plans!
No time to make this in the morning? No problem! Here's how to make this as a Quick Skillet under 30 minute meal on any weeknight!
QUICK SKILLET COOKING METHOD
- Prepare thighs as recipe indicates.
- Heat garlic cloves and oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook thighs on each side for about 3-5 minutes to brown them.
- Cover and lower temperature to medium low, continue to cook 15-20 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley and enjoy!
Keto Slow Cooker Caprese Chicken Thighs
Crock Pot Balsamic Caprese Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs about 6 thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon dehydrated minced onion
- 2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella sliced
- 3 tablespoon sun dried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- Pound out chicken thighs between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Whisk together garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt, pepper and minced dried onion.
- Rub both sides of chicken thighs with seasoning. Set aside.
- Place garlic cloves and oil in the bottom of the crock pot and spread around all over.
- Divide the basil leaves and place 4-5 in the middle of each thigh.
- Top with ½ tablespoon of sun dried tomatoes for each thigh.
- Place a slice of mozzarella over each thigh and roll up. Secure with toothpick.
- Place thighs into slow cooker.
- Pour balsamic vinegar over thighs.
- Cover and cook on high 3 hours or low 6 hours.
- Remove toothpicks before serving.