This Beautiful Low Carb Pumpkin Bread is perfect on it's own, but when a layer of delicious cream cheese is spread in the middle, this bread it's one of the best you'll ever have! Thank you to Horizon Organic for sponsoring todays post.
It's officially the fall season and that means, "Bring on the Pumpkin!" This recipe is all about comfort. Whether you're enjoying it for breakfast with a cup of coffee on a cool fall morning or need a special homemade gift to bring to a party, this creamy filled bread is sure to please everyone.
No one will even realize it's sugar-free, low carb, grain free and gluten free. All they will notice is how delicious it is. When you remove sugar from any traditional recipe it can almost be like a guessing game on how much replacing for the sweetness needs to happen.
The great thing about pumpkin is that it is naturally sweet on it's own and also adds moisture to the final baked product, especially helpful when using coconut flour which can tend to dry baked goods if not enough liquid is used.
Having it for breakfast makes you feel like your indulging in a dessert, but knowing it's low carb takes any guilt from enjoying this right away. No sugar crash will be happening with this yummy bread!
Check out more Easy Recipes with Horizon products! Follow Horizon on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest! You can also check out this video promoting #allforweird! You can subscribe to their newsletter here!
Low Carb Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup Sukrin Gold or another sugar free granulated sweetener
- 3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 tablespoon butter Horizon Organic, softened
- ⅓ cup sour cream Horizon Organic
- ⅓ cup half & half Horizon Organic
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice liquid stevia
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the first 6 ingredients together. Set aside.
- Place the pumpkin puree, butter, sour cream, half & half, maple extract and stevia in a stand mixer and blend until incorporated. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
- Add in the eggs to the stand mixer and blend until well combined.
- Pour in the dry ingredients and blend until incorporated.
- Grease a 9 by 5 loaf pan.
- Prepare the cream cheese filling by placing all ingredients in another bowl and stand mixer or an electric mixer to blend on high until smooth.
- Pour half the pumpkin batter into the loaf pan then spread the cream cheese layer and then spread the rest of the pumpkin batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until batter in center of loaf looks set and edges are browned. Allow to cool 15 minutes then loosen edges with a knife.
- Enjoy warm if you prefer. Refrigerate until ready to serve. We enjoyed this best after if was chilled overnight.