These Slow Cooker Low Carb Keto Beef Short Ribs make the most satisfying and delicious meal, served over mashed cauliflower and it's comfort in a dish!
Succulent tender meat that simply falls apart when you touch it gently with a fork will make anyone swoon with excitement knowing what's next. And That first bite does not disappoint. It's everything you hoped it would be and more.
This recipe is your fool proof way to get the most tender short ribs you've ever had! My family can't get enough of these ribs, even my picky daughter who doesn't like beef enjoys this because of how tender it is.
Seared to perfection then a few simple ingredients you probably have in your kitchen already, all placed in the slow cooker to do it's thing for a few hours. Add some mashed cauliflower or riced cauliflower for the bed and dinner is served. Truly a comfort dish in any season but especially wonderful on a cold winter's night!
I've only made this recipe using boneless short ribs but you can use bone-in if that's all you can find. I'm sure either will work, they just need plenty of time to get tender.
Also it's totally optional to add some carrots if your spouse is not into a low carb lifestyle, like mine is not. Just throw them in when cooking the onion and remaining ingredients.
- You could probably make this in your Instant Pot as well but I'm not sure if you could fit the 4 pounds as I have in the recipe. I would think it would need at least 1 hour if not more to get the tenderest meat desired.
- You could also make this in your oven. Follow my directions but start with a Dutch Oven to sear the meat. Once all the meat is seared set aside and add remaining ingredients. Once onion is tender add back the meat and place it covered in your oven at 350 degrees F for 2-3 hours. Check it half way through as you may need to add an additional cup of beef broth.
Hope you enjoy this luscious recipe as much as we do!
Slow Cooker Low Carb Beef Short Ribs
Optional: celery, carrots
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season one side of your short ribs generously with salt and pepper.
- Place half of the ribs, seasoned side down onto the hot skillet and brown. Season the top of the ribs in the skillet with salt and pepper. Flip once the bottom is browned. Remove and set aside while browning the rest fo the meat.
- Add beef broth to slow cooker and place short ribs into crock pot.
- To the same skillet add your remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Pour this over the ribs in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high 4-6 hours or low 8-10 hours.