This Easy Slow Cooker Keto Chili is a hearty, no-bean, low carb, keto, gluten free chili and no one will miss the beans! This keto-friendly chili has 7 grams of net carbs per serving and total carbs are 9 grams.
Best Keto Chili Recipe
On a cold winter's day there is nothing like a warm bowl of chili served up with a side of low carb cornbread!
This comforting no bean chili recipe is amazing whether you're on a low carb diet or following a ketogenic diet!
Even if you're a die hard bean lover when it comes to enjoying your favorite traditional chili recipe, I can almost guarantee, you won't miss the beans here. My keto version is filling, satisfying and delicious!
It's a great way to feed a crowd for a party as well!
Keto Sides to serve with Chili
I have to admit when I served this bowl of no-bean, but hearty low carb chili to my hubby, I was sure to get a few snarks and grumbles.
In fact, I never even mentioned there were no beans in it when I handed him the bowl. I made sure to have a nice piece of my Keto Cornbread on the side so he wouldn't complain too much.
More easy sides:
If you're new to my blog then you may not know that my hubby is a non low carber and one who loves his meat, potatoes and carbs.
We've been happily married for 25 years but 16 of them I've been sugar-free and the last 8 low carb. He "tried" for a short time last New Years to eat low carb, even with all the delicious meals I make, he still can't seem to give up sugar or carbs.
I've learned that you just can't make someone do anything they don't want to do. Motivation has to come from within and no amount of nagging will help the situation as much as I want him to be healthier. The best way to help him is to show him how I sustain my low carb lifestyle with amazing tasty recipes!
You can read all about my Low Carb Journey here.
At least he eats everything I make and usually loves everything I make, but a NO BEAN CHILI? I was worried I'd pushed my luck too far!
To my complete surprise he LOVED it! I was shocked! Not because I don't think it's fabulous. But because this man of mine loves beans!
Shocked I was. Happy, but utterly shocked. He said he didn't even mind there weren't beans and said this was the best chili I've ever made, plus less tooting later if you know what I mean LOL!
How to Make Easy Keto Chili Recipe in the Instant Pot
To view the exact measurements, print the recipe and see nutritional information please scroll to the bottom of the blog post to view the recipe card.
Red or green peppers
Favorite toppings; sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions, fresh chopped cilantro, avocado, green chilies
Directions for Instant Pot Chili
Set a 6-quart Instant pot to the saute mode and pour in the oil. Add the onions, jalapeños and bell peppers and saute for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender.
Add the ground beef, garlic, and dry seasonings and cook until browned and no longer pink, stirring often to crumble the meat.
Stir in the marinara sauce, broth, tomatoes with green chilis, tomato paste, and cocoa powder. Cover and set the Instant Pot to the manual mode on high pressure for 20 minutes. Perform a quick release of the pressure. Remove the lid carefully, watching out for the steam.
Serve hot, with or without the optional toppings.
Store any leftover chili after it has cooked and cooled in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
- The sugar grams you see in the nutrition info below come from the tomatoes used in the recipe. You could always increase the beef broth and reduce the tomatoes used but it wont be as thick as you see in the pictures here.
- You could certainly reduce the calories if you need to by replacing the ground beef with ground turkey. You will need a little bit of oil to brown the turkey in a skillet.
- You can add more spice, just taste and adjust seasonings to your preferences.
- You could also make this on the stove top by cooking the beef, onions, peppers, garlic in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour or longer. The longer you simmer it the better!
- Here's the Low Carb "Corn" Bread recipe and I made it in a cast iron skillet.
More Chili Keto Recipes
Keto Low-Carb Chili
Slow Cooker Low Carb No-Bean Chili
- 3 pounds ground beef I use Butcherbox
- 2 cups onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-3 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded, finely chopped
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups beef broth
- Brown your ground beef with the onion and garlic in a large skillet until no longer pink.
- Stir in the dry seasonings then place it into the slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours. (To make in the Instant Pot please see blog post above)
- Optional toppings: green chiles, cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado