This Easy Slow Cooker No-Bean Chili is a hearty, no-bean, low carb, keto, gluten free chili and no one will miss the beans!
On a cold winter’s day there is nothing like a warm bowl of chili served up with a side of corn bread! This comforting meal is amazing whether you’re on a low carb diet or not! Even if you’re a die hard bean lover when it comes to enjoying your favorite chili, I can almost guarantee, you won’t miss the beans here. It’s filling, satisfying and delicious!
I have to admit when I served this bowl of No-Bean Chili to my hubby, I was sure to get a few snarks and grumbles. In fact, I never even mentioned there were no beans in it when I handed him the bowl. I made sure to have a nice piece of my Grain Free “Corn” Bread on the side so he wouldn’t complain too much.
If you’re new to my blog then you may not know that my hubby is a non low carber and one who loves his meat, potatoes and carbs. We’ve been happily married for 20 years but 13 of them I’ve been sugar-free and the last 3-4 low carb. He “tried” for a short time last New Years to eat low carb, even with all the delicious meals I make, he still can’t seem to give up sugar or carbs. I’ve learned that you just can’t make someone do anything they don’t want to do. Motivation has to come from within and no amount of nagging will help the situation as much as I want him to be healthier.
At least he eats everything I make and usually loves everything I make, but a NO BEAN CHILI? I was worried I’d pushed my luck too far!
To my complete surprise he LOVED it! I was shocked! Not because I don’t think it’s fabulous. But because this man of mine loves beans!
Shocked I was. Happy But utterly shocked.
He said he didn’t even mind there weren’t beans, less tooting later if you know what I mean LOL!
- The sugar grams you see in the nutrition info below come from the tomatoes used in the recipe. You could always increase the beef broth and reduce the tomatoes used but it wont be as thick as you see in the pictures here.
- You could certainly reduce the calories if you need to by replacing the ground beef with ground turkey. You will need a little bit of oil to brown the turkey in a skillet.
- You can add more spice, just taste and adjust seasonings to your preferences.
- You could also make this on the stove top by cooking the beef, onions, peppers, garlic in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour or longer. The longer you simmer it the better!
- Here’s the Grain Free “Corn” Bread recipe and I made it in a cast iron skillet.
- This recipe was first published in Jan of 2016 and updated in 2017 with a video and some adaptions. I reduced the beef broth by half from the orginial recipe because some comments mentioned it wasn’t as thick as a chili should be. You can reduce the broth even more or even eliminate it if the canned tomatoes seem like enough to you.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Slow Cooker Low Carb No-Bean Chili
- 3 pounds ground beef I use Butcherbox
- 2 cups onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1-3 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 small jalapeno seeded, finely chopped
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups beef broth
Brown your ground beef with the onion and garlic in a large skillet until no longer pink.
Stir in the dry seasonings then place it into the slow cooker.
Add all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours.
Optional toppings: green chiles, cheddar cheese, sour cream, avocado
Net Carbs: 7g