This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Easy Slow Cooker Recipe for Creamy Mashed Cauliflower is a winning Low Carb, gluten free recipe! Instructions also include steaming cauliflower if you don’t own a slow cooker.
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower can be as comforting as creamy mashed potatoes when you have the perfect combination of ingredients. This recipe is a winning recipe! It’s got simple ingredients and just a few at that, and a simple method for perfect mashed cauliflower.
Obviously if you’ve just started in a low carb life style, you most likely miss some comforting carb type foods you used to enjoy. To the long time low carb person, cauliflower is the dream vegetable that can really make a perfect substitute for many once loved “carb” foods.
Making cauliflower is super simple if you own a wonderful steamer it’s usually ready and fork tender in 25-30 minutes. Instructions below include not using a slow cooking and steaming the cauliflower on the stove as well. But if you’ve got a bunch of things cooking away on the stove or oven and your hands of full, the ease of using the crock pot is the way to go for this simple side dish.
Mashed cauliflower is either loved or hated by the family. My kids are not keen on eating it like this, BUT when I disguise the cauliflower in recipes they have no idea they are eating it.
Some winning HIDDEN SNEAKY CAULIFLOWER recipes my 3 picky kids and hubby love are;
- Cheesy Cauliflower Tots
- Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Casserole
- Bacon Cheeseburger Cauliflower Casserole
- Mini Shepherd’s Pot Pie
- Cauliflower Tortillas
- Mexican Cauliflower Lasagna
I love using Mashed Cauliflower over pretty much anything! This recipe is an exclusive called Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Kiev Meatballs from my 4 Week Low Carb Family Dinner Menu plans.
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Slow Cooker Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower about 8 cups florets
- 8 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 ounces sour cream I used Horizon Organic
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker. *
- Place your florets into thecrock pot.
- Set in on high and cook for 3 hours.
- Use a hand held mixerand pulse until the cauliflower is mashed.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Keep mashed cauliflower in slow cooker on warm until ready to serve.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
* If you don't have a slow cooker, simply steam the cauliflower in the chicken broth in a pot on the stove on low heat until fork tender.
If you have a standard steamer appliance you can skip the chicken broth while it's steaming and mix it into the mashed cauliflower after it's mashed.
Net Carbs: 4.9g