A summer side dish using seasonal produce is the key to easy summer entertaining. No oven required is also of utmost importance when the heat of summer makes all of us cringe at the thought of heating up the kitchen.
Whether you boil the corn or even grill it, all the rest of the veggies just get chopped up and thrown together with a super yummy dressing and you are done! Doesn't get better!
Fresh herbs make this delightful and you can serve it chilled or room temperature.
I brought this new recipe over to my parents house for the 4th of July and my Italian picky father actually LOVED it, loved it and RAVED about it and ate SECONDS!! It was amazing! I was thrilled, even my mom and hubby enjoyed it too!
Fresh Summer Corn Salad
- 5 ears of corn shucked
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 orange pepper diced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 scallion chopped
- 2 small jalapenos seeds removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Place the corn in a pot of boiling salted water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain and immerse in ice water.
- Once cool, cut kernels off cob and place in serving bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and enjoy or keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Makes 6 cups.
Other Recipes you might like:
- Zucchini Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Zucchini Caprese Salad
- Grilled Caprese Style Porotbellos
- Veggie Quinoa Salad with Balsamic Dressing