Maybe cabbage isn't your first choice for a veggie with dinner. Maybe you only eat it once a year with corned beef. But are you trying to lose weight? Are you trying to eat healthier?
Did you know it is super high in Vitamin A, K and C! As well as being high in folate, calcium and potassium. That's enough for me to be sold on it and enjoy it almost weekly! I hope it's enough for you to at least give it a chance. 🙂
Become friends with the cabbage folks. It's healthy, good for you and after you make this recipe you will be able to say YUMMY too!
Not into spicy? Just leave out the ginger and red pepper flakes and it will still be delicious!
Spiced Cabbage & Onions
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoon ginger finely grated
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 head green cabbage halved, cored, chopped into 1 inch pieces (about 12 cups)
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: red chili pepper flakes
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large saute pan. Add the onion and cook until softened and browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute a minute more, then add the cabbage.
- Cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry powder, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes if you like.
- Serve immediately.
I'm daring you to try it and tell me you didn't like it because I know you will!