These are the most scrumptious, Keto, Sugar-Free Low Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins made with sour cream! Perfect Texture to traditional muffins, plus Gluten Free and Nut Free!
Soft Keto Coconut Flour Muffins
Morning muffins with a cup of coffee is a divine way to start any day. Making muffins on the weekend for the family is also a comforting and relaxing way to begin the weekend. I really love muffins and I mean REALLY. Just something about the texture and then with a smear of butter melting all over a warm muffin, it's just heavenly to me.
Prior to going low carb, I have some that are sugar free, but not too low in carbs. If carbs aren't an issue and you're just watching your sugar be sure to check out these Blueberry Muffins, Banana Bread Muffins or these Chocolate Muffins.
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Nut Free Muffins
BUT THESE Muffins are the best muffins I think I have ever made! Recently I had made these Keto Blueberry Muffins from my friend Kim over at Low Carb Maven and they were spectacular!
Because my youngest has a tree nut allergy, I often use coconut flour as my low carb flour of choice for family recipes. Kim's muffin recipe uses some cream cheese to get that moistness in the muffin. Just like my Cloud Bread recipe, I'm a fan of using sour cream so that's what I did when I made these.
They even are fabulous the next day, not dry at all! I stored mine in the fridge then heated one for 30 seconds in the microwave to warm it then of course, added butter!
The base of this recipe can be used again and again, just change out what you add to it. Change out the chocolate chips to blueberries or raspberries even. But the chocolate chips are a nice treat for my family on the weekends.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we do! My picky hubby LOVED them as did each of my children, all the picky ones too!
Keto Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Muffins (Low Carb, Nut Free)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer blend the butter, sour cream and vanilla extract. until smooth.
- Whisk the coconut flour, Swerve, baking powder, xanthan gum together then add to stand mixer on low to combine.
- Add one egg at a time to the stand mixer until incorporated.
- Pour in the heavy cream and blend until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Grease a 12 capacity muffin pan or use cupcake liners.
- Bake muffins for 5 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and toothpick in center comes out clean.