These rich and creamy Low Carb Buckeyes are a no bake sensation! Gluten free, grain free, sugar free and low carb!
What is the best part about Christmas for you?
Is it the family that comes from far away to visit for a few days?
Is it few days off from work that makes you smile?
Is it just the fact that some little indulgences are in order in the food department?
Or maybe it might just be all these things combined that make for a comforting Christmas.
I think it is all these things wrapped up into a special time of year for me.
A time where I remember what's important and I'm thankful for all the last year has brought our way.
I not only reflect on the great memories, but enjoy making some new ones each year.
I think that's why Christmas is so important to so many of us who celebrate it.
You've got some amazing memories from Christmas cookie making or a Christmas feast with family who might not longer be with us.
Each Christmas we always remember my grandmother and all the baking and goodies she would make just for us.
She'd be baking from at least Thanksgiving up until Christmas Eve and never once complain, she'd just ask for more cooking and baking supplies at the store!
But then I always try to add some new recipes each Christmas as well and this recipe is one of them.
These are my hubbies favorite and our daughters too.
The boys can't enjoy them as they contain peanut butter but they could easily be made with sunflower seed butter if I knew my boys wanted them.
Whatever you make this Christmas I hope you enjoy every minute of all the work that goes into it. It's the making of memories that the family remembers the most.
That and all the goodies that are enjoyed helps a little too. 🙂
- You could skip the protein powder and use more Swerve but I haven't tried that substitue although I think it would work.
- If you use another granulated sugar free sub besides Swerve then you can remove the stevia as it won't be needed.
- If you need a Christmas gift, there's still time to order my cookbook on Amazon and have it in time for Christmas!
Merry Christmas !!
No Bake Low Carb Buckeyes
- 7 ounces dark chocolate 85% Lindt
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Place all ingredients into a stand mixer and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetener if needed.
- Using a small cookie scoop make 4 ½ dozen balls. You could roll them after scooping to make them more precise in shape if you like. I did not as you can see.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwavable bowl for 30 seconds to a minute. Stir until smooth.
- Do half the batch of peanut butter balls and keep the other half in the freezer.
- Use a toothpick in center of each peanut butter ball and dunk in melted chocolate.
- Place back on baking sheet.
- Freeze or refrigerate.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.