This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. All opinions are my own.
This Sugar-Free Low Carb Chocolate Frosting can compete with any whipped cream sugary frosting around and win hands down!
Creating a sugar-free low carb chocolate frosting is no easy feat. This recipe may be without sugar and low in carbs, but texture and flavor is not sacrificed! It’s still an indulgent recipe and certainly has fat in it so don’t be dismayed, it’s not a low calorie treat. BUT when you need a frosting for a special occasion this one will truly meet your expectations. You can serve this to anyone and they’ll not realize it’s without white refined sugar.
- A basic whipped cream chocolate frosting includes heavy cream and some already sweetened chocolate.
- A basic butter cream frosting includes 2-3 sticks of butter and confectioner sugar. So I kind of combined the two and came up with this.I reduced the heavy cream, changed the chocolate, added some healthy coconut oil, but I still wanted to use some butter because I like the texture as opposed to just coconut oil.
- You could certainly try removing the butter and using all coconut oil if you like. But since I made this 3 times before I got just the right taste and texture, I’m not changing it now. I’m super pleased with how well everyone liked it on top of some new cupcakes I will be sharing next week. WIN!
Remember to subscribe to the Sugar Free Mom Newsletter for free and receive fresh recipe notifications delivered into your inbox!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #sugarfreemom on instagram for a chance to be featured! Follow Sugar Free Mom on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter for all of the latest content, recipes and updates.
Sugar Free Low Carb Chocolate Frosting
- In a stand mixer add whipping cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat on medium high speed until thickened. Set aside.
- In a microwaveable bowl melt chocolate and coconut oil together for 1 minute, stir and continue to melt in 1 minute intervals until fully melted.
- Whisk cocoa powder and chocolate stevia into melted chocolate.
- Stir softened butter into chocolate mixture.
- Add chocolate mixture to whipped cream and blend until incorporated.
- Refrigerate until set, about an hour.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups.
Weight Watcher's Points+: 4*