Sugar Free No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars made grain free, low carb and gluten free.
Love it? Hate It?
Whether you embrace it or not, it's here to stay. One can never be completely free from technology, unless you choose to put away all devices, TV, phone and make an escape to a cabin in the woods with nothing else to do but be present.
Then there's the whole social media aspect of technology which is a must as a full time blogger.
So sometimes I want to escape it all.
I want to escape, but I don't really want to, if you know what I mean.
I love social media. I love technology, but some days.......
Life gets to be so busy with the family and it can get overwhelming, all the tasks and jobs done daily just to maintain your presence.
Maybe I just need a vacation.
These lemon cheesecake bars remind me of lazy summer days and picnics and pool parties.
Yep. That is what I've been dreaming of lately.
So although I can't take a vacation any time soon, I will make recipes that bring me there in my mind.
And this is one of them.
Creamy, lemony, soft and luscious with a crumbly light coconut-y crust all in one bite.
Let this dessert bring to you happy thoughts and dreams of warm weather and lazy days with friends and families!
- My youngest has a tree nut allergy so I can't use almond flour but that would be a good choice if you don't have sesame flour. The only reason I even tried sesame was because I ran out of sunflowers, but I love the flavor of how this crust came out.
- If you don't have Swerve for the crust, another sugar free granulated sweetener will work or a baking blend of stevia perhaps.
- If you don't have lemon liquid stevia I would suggest getting some, use the link provided for a discounted price through iherb.com. You could sub another liquid sweetener of choice but I don't know any that might be sugar free. I prefer liquid stevia in desserts that require a smooth, creamy texture as opposed to a granulated or powdered stevia.
Other NO BAKE Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Coconut Cream Lime Cheesecake
- Mini Citrus Cheesecake Bites
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Mousse Pie
- Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake Pie
Sugar Free No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup sesame flour or almond or sunflower
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Swerve sweetener
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup lemon juice about 3
- 1 envelope gelatin or 1 ½ teaspoon
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon liquid stevia
- Place the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until combined.
- Pour into a 9 by 13 pan.
- Spread and pat down to make an even layer on the bottom.
- Pour the lemon juice into a small sauce pan.
- Stir in the gelatin and bring to a boil.
- Stir the mixture until dissolved and remove from heat to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a stand mixer.
- Blend on high until mixture is thoroughly combined and the heavy cream starts to become whipped in texture.
- Slowly add the cooled gelatin into the stand mixture and blend on low for just a minute to combine.
- Pour this evenly over the crust layer.
- Add some grated lemon zest over the top of desired.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 2-3 hours to set.
- Cut into 24 squares and enjoy!
- Keep refrigerated.
I made these yesterday, and they are fabulous! However, I winged it on the sweetener, because I don't have the lemon liquid stevia, and had no idea how to equate the sweetness to the liquid stevia drops I do have, so I went by taste, and they ended up on the tart side! Do you have a sugar or sweetener equivalent measure to the liquid lemon stevia? Also a note...based on the comment about baking the crust, I tried that and it worked well, although I baked it a little too long (turned out a tad hard), and the baking dish should probably be sprayed if baking the crust. Excellent recipe, Brenda!!
Great thank you!
Quick question...would another type of stevia drops (e.g., Sweet Leaf Sweet Drops) work in the same measure (2 teaspoons)? Or do you have a sugar equivalent that could be converted to another type of AS? I was afraid that 2 tsp. of the liquid stevia I had would be too sweet and/or bitter (not too expert in the use of stevia). BTW, I took some of the bars to my neighbors last night and they loved them, and couldn't tell they were sugar free!
I used coconut flour, a little dry,but didn't fall apart. I used equal. The filing was a little tart but we enjoyed them.
These were GREAT! I did put in just a couple of drops of stevia glycerite in the crust.. and it's holding up just fine (of course.. they're still disappearing.. ).. 🙂
There are days that I just have to step away from technology. It's always such a relief, but then I love hopping back on after a little break. These cheesecake bars look perfect for Easter!
You make the best sugar free desserts! First - I LOVE lemon and second - hello cheesecake! I want this whole tray 🙂
Swerve sweetener you seem to like a lot for baking, how does it compare with stevia, I am a baker and non of the non sugar Splenda, makes homemade bake good taste good, stevia is better but it still lets people know there is something different. Can this Swerve be used in all cooking that calls for sugar Thanks
Heather | girlichef
These look so creamy and that crust sounds fantastic! And I completely hear what you're saying about the social media aspect.
The are nice and bright and a glimpse of sunny weather to come (hopefully). I think I'd use the sunflower since my girl has both the peanut/tree nut and sesame allergies. Allergies stink!
I embrace this technology and I especially embrace these lemon bars!
Could u use xylitol instead?
I've just wondered about the same thing. Could I use erythritol? And if yes, what about the amount? Instead of gelatine I'd like to try using Agar powder. Not sure about the amount... Anybody who can advise? Can't wait to try these! Thanks a lot for this recipe!
You could use erythritol instead of the lemon steiva but not sure how much as I haven't tried it, maybe 1 cup? That's a guess, could make it grainy though that's why for creamy recipes like cheesecake I prefer a liquid sweetener like stevia.
Sarah Walker Caron (Sarah's Cucina Bella)
Oh, that looks delightful. So creamy!
YES! Lemon makes me crave the warmer weather!
The Food Hunter
My husband will love these
Did you try baking the crust for 5-10 minutes? I just wonder if that would keep it from being so "fall apart". I can't wait to try this recipe....you can't get better than lemon.....unless it is chocolate!!
HI Sharon, No I didn't try it as I wanted it to be simple and no baking needed but it might help. I did bring them to a gathering whit friends and had cut them prior to bringing them and I forgot forks so everyone was able to pick them up and enjoy them that way, just sightly crumbly but not bad.